Solar Salt vs. Sea Salt-Pic included 4 reference

elle110

Ok, everyone has been talking about the solar salts and the size etc. so I went and bought a bag. The pic below show the solar salt on the right and the sea salt I bye from Soap Wizards on the left, they really are very similar in size, the coin is a dime for reference.

I have a lot of customer's who like this larger size of salt and a large # of them use these in their hot tubs. Note: I have never used the Solar Salt in my salt blend but I did a test of dissolve time between the two and the solar salt dissolved a little bit slower, if that matters to anyone

HTH

[ATTACH]6175[/ATTACH]

post-163-139458400202_thumb.jpg

Thanks Michelle for the info. I asked my hubby to pick a bag up for me (didn't think it would be that hard seeing how he works at Lowes) but..... I've yet to see the bag.

I can't wait to see how well it holds the scent and how it is property wise over time. I'm soooo over using DSS in my bath salts. :mad: I've thrown so much mush away than I care to say ~ all part of the game though.

I'm liking the size and I pour the salts in when running the bath water so they're always gone when I get in. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes these.

Off to push my husband to get them for me tomorrow.:tiptoe:

Maryann,

I couldn't find them at Lowes and everyone there said they didn't carry them, I found them at Walmart.

Maybe since your hubby works there he can find them.

Good luck and post any info when you are testing them if you don't mind

Elle

• 3 weeks later...

My Walmart didn't have the blue bag, they had everything else though. My Walmart had them back by automotive in the center isle. Since they have remodeled, I don't know where to look for them now.

I found mine at Lowe's.

I got mine out by the flowers, pool and other yard items, it was a Super Walmart.

Note- I made a blend with sea salt, solar, dendretic and my other ingredients and gave to testers and they loved them!