How the heck do you swirl colors in CP

Some folks do "in the pot" swirls. You remove a portion of batter, color it, dump it back into the main soap batter pot in about three places (dump from up high so it goes all the way to the bottom of the pot). Then some folks give it a quick stir or two, then pour. I skip the stir and just twirl the batter around in the mold while I'm pouring.

Other folks do "in the slab" swirls. They pour the swirl color into the main batter after the main batter is in the mold, then run a chopstick or some other such tool through the soap to move the color around into swirls. You can also pour the color/main batters in layers before swirling with your tool to help make sure the swirls go all the way through the soap.

HTH

Oooh, I like confetti soap with the crinkle cutter! Nice work!

Yes, you can shred colored soaps, Elite, then mix them into your new soap batter when it's fairly thickly traced so they will be suspended instead of all sinking to the bottom. :)

Edited to add: Sorry I didn't understand your original question, E! Fortunately, Bat Woman here was on her toes. I should be in bed. Long day. LOL

I use the microwave and not the stovetop or oven. I got brown soap every time I did it that way! Melted the base color first, using a water bottle to add water and not pouring it it. When it was almost completely melted, I add my colored shreds and fo, then cram it in the mold!

NUH UH, You're just getting lucky!

I made rebatched soap and it looked like POOP!

I have a tooooooonnnnnnn of CP soap to make rebatched soap with but it's just shreds of all kinds of soap I've made.

How much water, per how much soap..........does it melt?

Obviously if so, not completely...!

Wahhhh....I'm so confused......Do you live near Toronto by any chance?

Can you make a little "Have Tea" visit and help me! LOL :highfive:

Umm.. I'm in the other place where we watch the news in French...lol! I'm in Louisiana! Using this method I've NEVER had a batch look bad unless I just used the wrong colors!

How big is your mold? My rebatch molds are 3 lbs. I use 2 lbs base shreds to 1 lb (or a little less) of colored shreds. I start out with about 1 ounce of water sprayed over the top of the soap. Put it in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Stir stir stir. Spritz about 4 squirts on the top again, and put in for about 2 minutes. (my shop microwave is old and not the best, you may be able to cut these times down some) It may foam up a bit on you, just stir it back down. When there's almost no chunks in it and is pretty near fluid add your colored shreds and fo. Stir (I use a gloved hand) and cram into the mold! Girl, it's so freakin easy!

Is the detailed explanation any better??

Ok, if I ever make it up there, you can bet your bootie I'll come have tea!

I'll have to see if I can dredge up a blob from my botched first rebatch attempt. Shrunken heads, I tell ya. bwa-hahaha!

eta: I was just teasin' ya on the show off. What I meant was WHY CAN'T MY REBATCHES LOOK THAT GOOD? lol In other words, I'm jealous!!