Candlechem

Candlebuddy

I've been checking out Candlechem on ebay, and they seem to have really good prices and shipping costs. I know Candlechem has a website, however, the ebay prices are much better.

I've done a search and found good reviews about the company and their fo's in general, but I want to place an order and need some tried and true ones.

I use a 50/50 (soy/par blend). As usual, looking for strong, awesome scent throws. Any suggestions, must haves, or ones to stay away from?

TIA.

I've only tried a few from there, but they have been good throwers in soy for me. I've tried Mulberry Wine, Cappuccino Brulee, Hot Apple Pie, Buttercream, and Vanilla Spice. The Mulberry, Cappuccino and Hot Apple Pie are all very good. The BC and Vanilla were good throwers, but I just didn't care for them.

I have several from candle chem, they're great throwers, but I can't tell you how they do in soy, I am testing gl70/30 but so far have only test the cucumber cantalope from candle chem in this blend and it throws good. Sorry, haven't got around to testing the other ones yet.

My favorite all time ever fo is The Big Kahuna from Candlechem, it's a light scent but still a super thrower. (sorry, don't know how it does yet in soy tho)

I just checked out Candlechem's website . . . there are hundreds of scents. However, there are no scent descriptions or best sellers list; no information at all (at least I can't find any) about the fo's other than the size and the price. Also, no clue to what scents work well in soy.

Some scents are self explanatory (blueberry, lilac, gingerbread, etc); some scents are not; this can be very confusing for a potential customer. :waiting:

By the way Shafferbuns, what does "The Big Kahuna" smell like?

Any help is really appreciated . . . TIA. ;)

Some of their fragrances have descriptions on the individual ebay page, such as the big kahuna , it says : A sweet floral blend of rose, gardenia, lilac, and hawthorn on a background of French Vanilla, I can't smell the vanilla at all, it's an awesome fragrance and men love it too.

SATIN SHEETS - A refreshing green floral blend, with a lively mixture of tulip, jasmine, field grass, and osmanthus, resting on a white musk base. This one is a good thrower, but I like GL satin sheets better but they are a totally different fragrance.

Tabu, like the perfume, my mom likes the perfume and she loves this too, so I guess it's pretty close to what it should be, good thrower.

Spearmint- this one is a light thrower to me, i like them stronger.

Herbal moss - this is an awesome scent I think, smells like a man. (like aftershave or cologne,) very strong thrower, had to wick up on it.

Harvest spice - kinda smells like grandmas kitchen, i can smell cinnamon in it, but it may just be me? I dunno, good and very strong thrower too.

Black love - like the incense i guess (no idea, haven't smelled the incense) very strong thrower.

Pleasures - real good thrower, smells a lot like the perfume.

Beautiful - another perfume copy, don't know if this one is real close though but it still smells good and throws great.

Sweet Indulgence - Chocolate w/ nuts , smells great, strong thrower.

Smoke Eliminator - VERY POWERFUL thrower, my mom says it smells like baby hugs fo.

Cactus Blossom - Awesome thrower, smells good but can't describe it.

Cedar- smells weak oob, haven't put it in wax yet.

Sage - very strong oob , haven't put in wax yet.

Heliotrope - Nice smell oob, haven't put in wax yet

Madagascar spice - I can smell clove in it, nice though, men seem to like it. Good thrower.

Vanilla - smells like cake to me, very strong

Patchouli - strong, smelled funky kinda oob, smelled like patchouli when put in wax

I'm sure there's more I have but can't think of them right now. Please keep in mind these were in paraffin. Cucumber cantalope is the only one I've put in soy so far and I love that one too.

Also, to me, some of these fo's smell funky oob, but change into beautiful things when put in wax.

Oh yeah, Leather - made my house smell like a saddle shop for sure, another strong one.