One pour Wax C-3

C-3 can be poured as a single pour but you MUST use a heat gun after it coools to smooth out the tops.

I personally always do two pours with at least 8 hours in between. This way I am asured of the smoothest tops possible.

C-3 always needs to be poured very hot! 180-190.

And yes, I've used it since Nature wax debuted it nearly three years ago when they discontinued C-2 which I liked much better.

The candles need at least five days to cure.

I've never used a heat gun nor have I poured at hight temps. I have always gotten beautiful results from this wax. It was when I poured at high temps is when I noticed the small cracks. I was rushing that day and that's when I figured I should be more patient with it. My only problem has been getting a good and strong ht from it. I have more fragrances to test but I am really frustrated with that aspect of it.

• 1 year later...
C-3 can be poured as a single pour but you MUST use a heat gun after it coools to smooth out the tops.

I personally always do two pours with at least 8 hours in between. This way I am asured of the smoothest tops possible.

C-3 always needs to be poured very hot! 180-190.

And yes, I've used it since Nature wax debuted it nearly three years ago when they discontinued C-2 which I liked much better.

The candles need at least five days to cure.

I poured c-3 last night quite cool (someone else recommended) and I ended up with holes under the surface (forget what they are called). I tried zapping them with the heat gun but then it messed up my tops. Will pouring HOT HOT lessen the likelyhood of these sink holes? I thought it made them more likely.

I pour NatureWax C3 into 8 oz. widemouth canning jars. I use liquid dyes, FOs, USA, temper the wax and pour relatively cool... the tops are flawless without heatgunning. As the candle is cooling, I pick up each jar and thump it gently once or twice to release any air bubbles so that they will not be trapped near the wick. If I see one forming on the surface, I immediately pop it with a toothpick! I never have a need for a second pour. Sometimes there will be a minor cosmetic blemish - usually due to a stubborn air bubble - if I get in a hurry and don't pay attention to what I'm spoze to be doin' :o HTH:D

Oh yeah... curing. I wait a week. The FOs continue to cure for some time... I just fired up a palmwood and hibiscus scented one I made at the first of the year and it is throwing both cold and hot better than it did when it was a week old!

Hibiscus, try CDN wicks (Stabilo KSTs). We have had very consistant good results with them.