Kitchen Soap Recipe

eugenia

I've been getting some PM's about kitchen soap. Here's a good one of mine from the old board:

Ingredients:

Castor Oil (5%)

Coconut Oil (15%)

Palm Kernel (25%)

Rice Bran or Olive (35%)

Palm Oil (20%)

Sugar 1 TBLS pp oils

Salt 1/2 TBLS pp oils

Coffee Grounds 1-2 TBLS

Dissolve the sugar and salt in the lye water.

You can sub cold coffee for the water with the lye it you choose. It will make the soap very dark. either way, add the grounds (used) at trace. The coconut and PKO are high for extra cleansing. Made this many times and it's great!

As stated above, does not impart a coffee smell. Sometimes I add poppy seeds too!

HTH,

e

Well it's about time....sheesh, I thought I was going to have to PM ya too! :P

Can you add corn meal along with them there coffee grounds instead of the poppy seeds :confused: Whatcha think?

Why not? I like this soap with water, not coffee. Gets a great tan color and the coffee and seeds add color. Looks like a marble counter top to me. With the coffee as lye water (which stinks, but goes away) it's super dark and you don't see the goodies.

hi. when you say "kitchen soap" does that mean soap that you use to clean kitchen items like counter tops and dishes, or is this just a name for traditional soap made in the kitchen?

the recipe looks really interesting and i'd like to try it!

thanks

kim

Yes that is my understanding also. I was wondering is it the coffee grounds that is suppose to take the odors away basically? Thanks

They help with scrubbing too. Want to laugh? This soap is great when you are measuring your oils for a soap batch and they are all greasy!

I've never heard of using used grounds. I've always used fresh grounds for the exfoliating factor. I make a slurry of instant coffee with a bit of the water I hold back. I like my coffee soap DARK!

I've read on here several differ times people using used grounds. I never thought of that till I read it regarding a few different products, as I always used fresh (non-used) grounds.