Please Tell Me What I'm Doing To Get Air Bubbles -

Please tell me what I'm doing to get all these air bubbles in my candle! They are driving me crazy, and they look like crap. The man where I buy all my supplies said it happens to everyone, but I'm thinking that is not true!!

HELP!!!

Thanks,

kdc

First we need more info to help you.

1. What wax ar you using?
  2. Are you making container candles?
  3. What temp are you melting to?
  4. What temp ar you pouring at?
  5. If you are pouring jars are you pre-heating the jars?
  6. What is your pouring method, are you pouring fast or slow?

sorry!

I'm using a parrifin 4630 from AAA Candle Supply in Texas. I use the glass jars that a lot of people put flowers in the top, but I pour another candle in the top. I put my fragrance in at 175 and pour between 160 -165. This is what I was told to do. Is it wrong. I pour as slow as I can, but maybe it isn't slow enough.

Thank you for your help!

kdc

Heat the containers to 150 (maximum). Pour at 175. Find a way to cool the candles very slowly, such as grouping them in a box, or in a cooler, or in the oven (turned off) that you used to heat the containers.

A procedure along those lines should give you the best shot. It sounds as though you are using unusual containers. Keep in mind that different containers do produce different results. You can try to get what you want but sometimes the results will fall short of expectations. That's life as a candlemaker.

Good luck.

I used to get the air bubble problem when I stirred everything up too much right before I poured. I also tap the sides of my jar with a butter knife right after the candle has been poured to cause the air bubbles that did get in there to rise to the top and release. Let the candles set up like Top suggested in a place where they can cool down slower. HTH

I am very new to candle making and I'm having the same problem, with the same wax, and the same container...how weird! I know I poured too fast, I'm using a pouring pot, but I still can't make myself slow down.

I also never thought about it, but thanks to Denise, I just realized that I am stirring ALOT right before pouring...hmmm... thanks!!

Good Luck!! Back to the melting pot I go!

-Jessica