Anyone see this new item from BCN

Candle Man

That's neat BCN has SoapMaker on their site now!

It's a wonderful program that I've used with great satisfaction. I highly recommend it..worth every penny. I got the professional version but am still not using the inventory feature efficiently. Not the program's fault....just not in the habit of entering everything and using the "make a batch feature all the time.

• 2 months later...
That's neat BCN has SoapMaker on their site now!

It's a wonderful program that I've used with great satisfaction. I highly recommend it..worth every penny. I got the professional version but am still not using the inventory feature efficiently. Not the program's fault....just not in the habit of entering everything and using the "make a batch feature all the time.

I downloaded the trial to see if I like it. Do you know why when you punch in your % you get a differnet water amount than say from the sooz calc? I know it has something to do with the water discount but there's no amount in there. I like the program so far though.

I downloaded the trial to see if I like it. Do you know why when you punch in your % you get a differnet water amount than say from the sooz calc? I know it has something to do with the water discount but there's no amount in there. I like the program so far though.

I'm reluctant to admit this, but I've never taken a water discount on any of my soaps. :o So someone else will need to take this question and give you the answer. Sorry.:undecided

I don't water discount either, unless it has lavender seeds or some other flower on them.. I want a good long swirling/workability time!

Glad you found your answer though Tara..

Well, I wasn't trying to discount the water just trying to get it to get the same water and lye amount that I get from the sooz calc. I am not ready for a discount yet I don't think. Is there another way around this?

Wow.. I see what you're saying.. Soaping 100 oz of almond oil you would use 12.9 oz lye in soapmaker and you would use 13.21 in sooz.. It's a 2% superfat discount difference..

I never even noticed that as I switch back and forth all the freakin time!