Poured my Greenleaf 70/30 blend sample

I know one person said she was getting wonderful results with the Eco 4 in the 8 ounce jj's and that seems to be the consensus for many of them. I have a 6 ounce hex with a #4 that I tested it drowned out but it was because I had too much fo in it. HTH

I poured Blackberry Crumble in the Greenleaf 70/30, used 8 oz. jj with Eco 6 wick. This wick works great in my EZSoy but is smoking and flickering in the Greenleaf. I have a good scent throw, but it's not as good as what I get with my EZSoy. Will try a different wick and see if that helps. Any suggestions are welcome!

I would like to get this wax to throw good for me ... I just love the way it pours so smooth and creamy and love the fact that you can pour it hot!

Bev - how long have you let it cure? Some people as saying that if they can't get it to throw at first, they set it aside for a few days and then come back and it is much better. Also, most people are using the ECO-4 with the 8 oz jj with FO at 1 oz pp and not getting any smoking. Just let me know and I will help you.

Thanks

I let it cure three days. I will let it cure a bit longer to see how it does. I think, too, I need to wick down one ... I think that would eliminate the smoking and dancing flame. I'll let you know how it goes in a few more days. Thanks!!

I poured Blackberry Crumble in the Greenleaf 70/30, used 8 oz. jj with Eco 6 wick. This wick works great in my EZSoy but is smoking and flickering in the Greenleaf. I have a good scent throw, but it's not as good as what I get with my EZSoy. Will try a different wick and see if that helps. Any suggestions are welcome!

I would like to get this wax to throw good for me ... I just love the way it pours so smooth and creamy and love the fact that you can pour it hot!

Hey Bev,

Try an Eco-4. I have noticed if I wick too big then the scent throw is not good, guess it is burning the FO off too quickly. Eco-4's are working good in the jj's. Also, I have had a couple of FO's that did not throw very well so I forgot about them and then a couple of weeks later I went ahead and relit and they were very strong. It does have 70% soy so I guess some need to cure like the soy. This is my first experience with working with this much soy. So far, I love this wax. Haven't been this excited in a long time.

Thanks, Tonyalkay. I plan to try the Eco 4 and wait a while before I burn again. Hopefully that will do the trick! And I was excited about this wax, too, when I saw that you could pour it hot and how beautifully it set up!!

the 70/30 looks great!!! Poured two 8 oz square Mason jars/Eco 8's/Peak's Jamaica Me Crazy/liquad dye...3 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow/heated to 195, pour @ 150. Result: a smooth and creamy, great colored candle.....a good cold throw.......no frost or rough tops!!!!! Whooo Hooooo! Waiting a couple of days before the first burn!!

If the burn is as good as everything else..........I'll be hooked!!!

Karen

I agree, the cold AND hot throw on this wax is unbelievable. I poured the 70/30 with the sample of Maduro that I received, and it is unreal how strong it is. My little jar fragrances the entire house, except the back bedrooms. I'm very impressed.

Also, for the soy users, I've noticed that I have to wick WAY down on this - I've never used any type of paraffin, so I didn't realize just how much I have to wick up from paraffin candles. My smallest jar uses a CD16 and I wicked this slightly larger jar with the 16, and I've got a 2" deep MP, LOL! I'm thinking a 10-12 would have been appropriate.

HTH!

Thank you Brenda for the samples! :yay:

I followed the instructions to the letter, except I had to pour off one ounce of wax to have 15 oz. I added the entire sample bottle of Indonesian Teak (which BTW smelled great OOB) then saw it was 1.2 oz! Refiguring the FO load it comes out to 7.7%. Added five drops of Pryme Base Brown and got a nice light brown color. Poured into a 16 oz Melting Pot jar immediately after stirring in the FO fo a couple of minutes.

Poured at 8:30, covered with box to cool slowly. Checked it at 11:30AM just before leaving for work, and it is geting the famous parasoy "dip" in the middle, but otherwise is setting up silky smooth When I get home tonight I will see how it set up.

geek

Here are my random thoughts on GL 70/30 I shared with another CTer:

As far as having it all, it looks like the ones who think they have it all are the ones using the Greenleaf 70/30 parasoy. They just love it! I got my samples from them the other day, and so far it looks good. I used the Indonesian Teak, and I really like it. I followed the instructions exactly, and it was very easy to pour, no waiting to cool the wax. After one day, there was a big wet spot about 1/4 around the jar. Even though they recommend pouring in room temp jars I think the jar needs a little pre-heating, I had alot of very small but nearly invisible jump lines. It costs $66 for a 60 lb case, plus the shipping from DFW. I think I will price the shipping and see what it comes out to per lb. I've been trying to make my own parasaoy for a high end candle but if the shipping is not too bad I may use this since it is so easy. The adhesion would be my only issue. It would have to completely adhere or completely pull away, no inbetween!

geek :cool2:

Hi Geek - read your info below. Try pouring hotter (jump lines tell me that the wax is too cool). Everyone's pouring environment is different. Room temperature to us in our warehouse is warm, in other states it could be much cooler or just an individual preference of inside temps. Some testers are having success with slowing down the cooling process by putting a box over the candles while they cool. Some have great success right off following the directions. If you want it to pull away all around - pour into a cold jar.

HTH

Hi Geek - read your info below. Try pouring hotter (jump lines tell me that the wax is too cool). Everyone's pouring environment is different. Room temperature to us in our warehouse is warm, in other states it could be much cooler or just an individual preference of inside temps. Some testers are having success with slowing down the cooling process by putting a box over the candles while they cool. Some have great success right off following the directions. If you want it to pull away all around - pour into a cold jar.

HTH

Thanks again Brenda for the samples! My basement is a little chilly, and I only heated the wax to 185. You indicated a range of 185-195. I think I will try heating the wax to 195 next time, giving me time to add color and FO, pour in room temp jar and let cool covered in box.

Which means I have to buy some 70/30 and Indonesian Teak :grin2:

geek

I do get wetspots with the 70/30 but not near as bad as with J50. I preheat my jars, add fragrance to wax at 180-185, incorporate well, and immediately pour into jars (temp is around 170-1975). I cover overnight and yes - I do still have some wetspots. I'm in MN so a bit cooler than FL obviously...don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Sorry!

I am sure the environment has a lot to do with. I did pour some layered candles with this wax the other day and have a couple of wet spots near the top of the jar where the jar was cooler by the time I poured the last layer but like you said it beats the wet spots with J50.

Well, just got through the first four hour burn with a single Premier 798 wick. Indonesian Teak at 7.7% (don't ask how I got there). I let the candle cure for two days. The cold throw was not burn-your-nosehairs strong, but was still pretty good. And the Teak is an awesome FO! I am definitely getting more. The hot throw was very good, and the Teak smells even better hot. However, it definitely needs two wicks in the 4" melting pot jar. The single 798 is the largest Premier wick made and it would have tunneled pretty significantly. I'll be checking on a starting point for double wicking and see how the next burn goes.

Till then Happy Easter! geek

Well, just got through the first four hour burn with a single Premier 798 wick. Indonesian Teak at 7.7% (don't ask how I got there). I let the candle cure for two days. The cold throw was not burn-your-nosehairs strong, but was still pretty good. And the Teak is an awesome FO! I am definitely getting more. The hot throw was very good, and the Teak smells even better hot. However, it definitely needs two wicks in the 4" melting pot jar. The single 798 is the largest Premier wick made and it would have tunneled pretty significantly. I'll be checking on a starting point for double wicking and see how the next burn goes.

Till then Happy Easter! geek

I use the same wicks as well and double wick my larger jars. I think it makes it easier to tweak.

Dixie