Palm wax - Amer. Farmer?

And, depending on where the palm oil is harvested (the precursor to the hydrogenated wax), you could be destroying orangatang habitat :(http://www.orangutan.com/itemstoavoid/palm_oil.htm

It's why some soapers are trying to find ways not to use palm oil..

'Course anything these days seems to destroy something..

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. That puts a whole new perspective on my use of palm wax. From the reading I had done I thought that the harvesting of palm was not affecting the environment in a negative manner, I had no idea they were burning down forests to have more plantations.:(

• 5 weeks later...

Most of the palm comes from Malaysia...but to be complete in the argument let's look at the real facts. The land used to grow palm has been deforested for more than a century for palm oil used in foods...don't like that...dont' eat any junk foods either.

Soy...the real hard to hear truth is that nearly 75% of US soy is GMO produced by Monsanto...with a ton of money behind the marketing of "support your farmer". That's the biggest lie out there. Monsanto is destroying the American farmer...one by one for giant agri-biz...

So soy vrs palm... make what you like...oh and another funny bit, some of the palm fields have been converted to soy...for it's growing popularity.

For some more information try www.alohabay.com

Best of luck.