What do you use for sources?

jade

I am new to B&B products and have been doing a lot of internet searching but sometimes it is confusing and as everyone knows, time consuming! I barely left the computer the first weekend I found this site! Unfortunately I just read through many posts & didn't take notes. I'm wondering where most people got their info (recipes, what different ingredients do to products, etc) when they first began their journey into B&B products. Can anyone suggest a couple of books that might be useful? I've seen some nice soap making books but am looking more toward lotions & other items. Thank you for any help. It is so kind of everyone on this board to share the wealth of knowledge that is here!

For making soap you may have heard of the book The Soapmaker's Companion by Susan Miller Cavitch. It is worthwhile to check this out from the library or even buy your own copy. This website www.millersoap.com has instructions and tips as well as many recipes to choose from. For B&B items, there aren't as many books available, but often supplier sites will have a few basic recipes and instructions to get you started. For example, www.thesage.com has a recipe section which you could try out.

Hi Jade, I also think it is very helpful to pick one thing and work with it for awhile til you get what you feel is the product you want. You could do shea butters and maybe mp soaps to start off with. Then join some swaps or someone on the board to evaluate your product. Bunny has a testing section here so she could find someone who is willing to test your product for you.