Bath Playdough

B&B liquid colorant, it was from Millcreek. I used a TON, I was actually using some soap that I did for a swap that I didn't like how it turned out so instead of throwing it away I decided to use that (and it was green) PLUS the blueberry FO was yellow so I used ALOT of blue dye to get it to turn blue. It didn't stain anything though and he got it on the floor (in the grout) while playing w/ it on the side of the tub. We need to invent a playdough soap table for the tub :D. He says I need to start making and selling it. He's next request is tart apple scented green playdough soap.

LOL !

Soapdough table... wouldnt that be great lol.

Its funny how little ones are so honest, your little one wants you to sell it, and one of my testers was like "where did you buy this... I gotta get more." lol get them addicted and then their parents will be your number one buyer lol.

MaryAnn, that is so cute about your son. Blue water is pretty cool you know? lol I need to add some cornstarch to mine and un-sticky it. I used some cheapie colorants I bought at Micheals a long time ago. You can't tell but I did add a tiny bit of green. I was in such a hurry that I just didn't worry about adding more and wasting it until I knew for sure what I was doing.

Hey guys,

I was at the dollar tree the other day and found these neat containers that I thought would be just right for this project. They are baby snack containers. Look to hold maybe 4 ounces and come in a variety of cute colors. Plastic with a snap on lid and best of all 6 for $1.00. I liked the idea of the real play doh containers but all I found was a two pack for $1.00 so these are a better deal for me.:smiley2:

Glo

• 1 year later...

Honestly, this isn't a very good recipe.

If you want a more realistic playdough, you need to add much more cornstarch and a bit more glycerin too.

Try something like 4oz mp soap, 2oz glycerin and about a cup of cornstarch.

Add glycerin and 1/4 to 1/3 of the cornstarch to the melted mp and stir it together. Turn it out onto waxed paper sprinkled with cornstarch. Knead it like pie dough adding the rest of the cornstarch little at a time until you like the consistency.

BTW, you add any color or fragrance when you add the glycerin.

That's all there is to it.