Here ya go, I just googled it and found this:

Soap Playdough

Ingredients

• 8 ounces melt & pour soap base
  • 3 tablespoons glycerin
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • Few drops of fragrance oil

Directions

1. Melt the soap base in the microwave or a double boiler.
  2. Add the glycerin, cornstarch, and fragrance oil to the melted soap base and stir throughly.
  3. Continue to stir the soap dough until it gets thick and stiff.
  4. Knead the dough on a piece of waxed paper until it reaches a play dough like consistency. Add additional cornstarch if it sticks to reach the correct consistency.

WOW thanks SOOO much! that was so fast!!!!

I really was upset when I couldnt find the link, you see I have too start up projects right now... my own daycare... and the beginings of a B&B line! so i figured that it would work for both lol. I am so greatful to you for sharing!

Thanks again!!!!

Ok so I tryed it.... it was fun to make (great for older children)... but i am not sure about the texture... I think it needs to be softer... any ideas.... add more glycerin? maybe some liquid soap, or water... what are your thoughts everyone?

OR on second thought... if you are playing with it in the tub you would be wet, so maybe thats where the added moisture comes from!!! AHhhh maybe!!! I will just have to get some kid testers... its ok to test on kids right lol just not animals.... (sorry bad joke... I know the product is safe)

Yah, I would think that you'd want it pretty thick/heavy b/c of the water. ;)

I think I'm gonna have to try this out this weekend, I've got a "tester" that would LOVE it I bet!! :D

Hey, what did you scent yours with? Or did you?

I have the hardest time finding kid scents that are fruity (ie. grape, strawberry, etc.) other than bubblegum which my kids don't like. :undecided

I did Pearberry (pearberry ...playdough ... I dont know it fit in my head lol) I am actually loving it... it doesnt dry out like playdough does... I have some in jars and some I left out since I made it and both are still really soft and playdoughy lol. My little tester loved it, kinda gets slippery when wet, not for younger kids, but for a kid that is old enough to tell to play with it out of the water (on the side of the tub, and dunk it only to wash and stuff) its great. I think I am going to come up with colour related scents. Blue raspberry, Red Cherry etc. I picked up some play dough at the dollar store and I am going to use those pots, just take all the labeling off.

Have fun... let me know how yours turns out.

So, you didn't add anything to it then? I'm glad you like it, and putting it in the "real" playdough pots is an AWESOME idea, would you mind if I stole that one? ;)

Can you actually mold shapes with it?

Ok, now I definitely want to try this!! :D

Nope I didnt add anything... I did only half the recipe though.

Yes the playdough can be molded into shapes... it can do anything that real playdough can do...but you cant dry it. I left out a shape since the day I made it and its still as soft as it was that first day... which i guess extends the life of it.

The pots are a great idea, the more I think about it the more I am excited about it...the pots I bought have little stapers on the lids, animal shapes. And they are small so I would package three together which makes it more fun because you would get more colours and more stamps. (btw I am happy to have something worth 'stealing' lol, copying is flatery to me right now lol, besides the recipe came from you...we'll call it a joint effort!).

I am still loving this, did you try it?

My 6 year old and I made it tonight and w/ the ingredients in the recipe it was really sticky. I added another tbsp of cs and when I kneaded it I use alot more cstarch. My hands were covered with it :undecided.

He loved it though. I gave him some playdough cutters to make shapes and he wasn't able to get it to peel off the tub w/out coming apart but that didn't deter him. He molded a few free form shapes as well. We used ALOT of dye so his water was BLUE (scented blueberry).

Overall he liked it, I'm thinking I should try less glycerin next time maybe?? Doesn't that make things sticky?? Any ideas? Should I have left it awhile before using it? Its definately a C:cool2: :cool2:L idea I want to work on thanks for the idea and the recipe ladies ;).

Also a very cute idea w/ the playdough cans Livelovebath!!

I just answered my own ?? I ripped some off and set it aside to see how it would be in a few hours and its STIFF, so I added glycerin and its pliable again, so I need to let it "rest" before using. I'm going to try another small batch tomorrow.

I hope Synascents posts to this thread as I know she was going to try some a few weeks ago before this topic came up. I'd like to know what her experience was w/ this.

How weird is that, we're at two differ extremes (I'm sure the M&P base has something to do w/ it as well). I've definately learned that the corn starch hardens and the glycerin softens. I checked my "ball of playdough" again and its super soft and sticky again 12 hours later (I added too much glycerin) :undecided. So I need to play with mine again too!

I am glad to see people trying this, I have found that you really do have to wait, and I liked working with half the amounts in a small batch then the whole thing. I have made like 4 colours so far and its really neat to see them all swirled together after the tester is done 'testing'.

I am glad to see people trying this, I have found that you really do have to wait, and I liked working with half the amounts in a small batch then the whole thing. I have made like 4 colours so far and its really neat to see them all swirled together after the tester is done 'testing'.

So you've had good results from using Michi's recipe verbatim, no deviation? I think that was my problem I need to mix it and let it sit. My son took it right into the tub after making it. Its definately a fun and easy recipe that I would like to work on and sell. I luv kids' products!

so far my testers have played in and out of the bath with it... and they have been useing the same ball for like a week or so.. just have to make sure that it drys out abit before putting it back into the container or it will go a bit slimmy (but that didnt bother the testers either.... kids are so easy to please...sometimes)

TB that's what mine looked like. I'm sure by now its "set up" for you. It looks sticky like mine was. My son is in the bath tub right now w/ it. The water's blue again and he's luving it :grin2: He has it in the water alot so his only made it through two LONG baths, maybe three (I'll have to see what's left of it after this bath- LOL). He has brought in little plastic animals and is playing w/ them in the playdough.