the BIG block of mp soap..cutting it

tlc26

So I have never ordered one before. I am getting one Monday. I am guessing that my big screwdriver and mallot won't work for soap like it does wax.:D

any tips, tricks, tools or suggestions on how to cut that sucker up?

I do have some built up anger I can't wait to take out on this block of soap!! :D

but it might fight back and I was hoping not to tear up my hands

Make sure you wear cotton gloves or wrap you knife with a towel:D

edited to say the handle of your knife

Just be careful. I had to have 6 stitches in my thumb from cutting one up, I don't order those anymore :o

It can be hard to do. I heard a lot of people use something that is like a long knife with a handle on each end, guess it is used to cut pizza with. I forget which site had them but at 45.00 I passed on it, but wish I had it when I cut myself.

BTW, you're right, the ole screwdriver and mallot won't work on the soap. It just takes time and a LOT of strength. Remember, be careful.

Oh yes elle, good tip. That darn handle gets so slippery it's hard to hang on to.

what about a guitar string? haven't I read that is what they use in the professional soap cutters? I could rig up some kind of slicer with a guitar string.

Exactly what I was going to suggest! Or some fishing line an 2 sticks.