Another Question

Anna

To 'heat' my lye water, after making it previously....

I usually place my jug into a hot water bath in the sink.

It brings the temperature up slowly (to 100 degrees) and always works out fine. I usually make sure my oils are at 100 degrees as well just to be safe and accurate.

Just a thought, for next time...........:wink2:

Let us know how it turns out! I've had softer soap at first when I've used lye water that had been sitting around for awhile. Just my experience; your mileage may vary! :)

Don't know why that be the cause?? I mix lye about once a month 1-2 gal at a time, use rt oils and add fo to the oils before the lye. Never noticed any difference in the soap

Well I've had 4 batches that turned out kinda weird for me, and the only difference was lye water that had been sitting around for a long time. I usually use it up as soon as it cools. LOL

These batches were soft and oily at first. They cured out just fine, however.

Well I've had 4 batches that turned out kinda weird for me, and the only difference was lye water that had been sitting around for a long time. I usually use it up as soon as it cools. LOL

These batches were soft and oily at first. They cured out just fine, however.

Curious? Was the lye in a sealed container?

Let us know how it turns out! I've had softer soap at first when I've used lye water that had been sitting around for awhile. Just my experience; your mileage may vary! :)

The batch I made yesterday with lye water that was 64 degrees,two days old turned out very good.The bar was semi hard.today they are hard.making the lye water ahead,is the only way to do it.I hate waiting for anything.

Anna

Well maybe my batches were funky because I forgot my pre-soaping ritual. Yunno, turn around counterclockwise 3 times, sprinkle Diet Pepsi on my head and chant at the moon. That usually gives me good soap. :laugh2:

:wink2: Just messin' w/ ya, Gene! You know, I just can't take myself too seriously or I get into trouble that way. :)

Well maybe my batches were funky because I forgot my pre-soaping ritual. Yunno, turn around counterclockwise 3 times, sprinkle Diet Pepsi on my head and chant at the moon. That usually gives me good soap. :laugh2:

:wink2: Just messin' w/ ya, Gene! You know, I just can't take myself too seriously or I get into trouble that way. :)

Thats it!! can't forget the soaping rituals:laugh2: Or the proper clothing, my loving wife posted a picture of me making soap:embarasse