Lady says she's opeing a candle store...(good for a laugh)

She comes into my store today and buys some stuff, asks about wholesale. She says she's opeing a candle store this summer. i ask her if they will be making their own or buying in candles. Both she says.

Great-i ask how long she's been making candles..

"I'm not yet, but I bought a kit".....

:laugh2:

Umm I told here that candlemaking is a lot more than just pouring wax. I've been doing it 10 years now (Yes, this is year 10 for me:tongue2: I feel old) and that I am still testing, learning, trying new waxes.... re-testing....it never stops!

Oh ya she says, I don't think she gets it....:eek:

There is a place that opened up here that lets you "make your own bath & body products" featuring 130 essential oil choices. Yeah there essential oils include sex on the beach and lick me all over :laugh2:

They buy what looks like BCN bases..color and pump them into bottles...not sure how they scent each one..claims to have researched for 2 years..hmm and in that two years she never came across the difference between essential and fragrance oils..:confused:

Some people have no clue

Monica, we have a place like that here too. I think the name of it is Bath Junkie, or at least the one in Shreveport is. I got a kick out of the Lovespell EO. It'll be a cold day in hell before I spend $10.50 for 4oz of lotion, even if I wasn't making my own now. ;)

There is a place that opened up here that lets you "make your own bath & body products" featuring 130 essential oil choices. Yeah there essential oils include sex on the beach and lick me all over :laugh2:

They buy what looks like BCN bases..color and pump them into bottles...not sure how they scent each one..claims to have researched for 2 years..hmm and in that two years she never came across the difference between essential and fragrance oils..:confused:

Some people have no clue

I've only been making candles a few weeks and whewwww is it hard work! I can't imagine, but I guess we all have hopes :) Right now I have a friend locally who makes mine until I perfect the goop I usually turn out. I admire you ladies that have been with it so long!

Grumpy Girl - Good to see someone else from here. I'm in Pineville, hoping to hit the Dogwood Festival with my lotions next weekend.

I'm in Central Louisiana (Pineville -just outside of Alexandria). The Dogwood Festival is supposed to be a big arts & crafts festival in Pollock. I've never been to it and only going by what the coordinator is telling me (I'm a homebody and don't get out much either)... the URL below lists Pollock's demographics - I couldn't find their "official" site..

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/popInfo.php?locIndex=3532

Looks like their population is a bit over 300, but the festival is supposed to draw hundreds from all over CenLa. Their 12 x 12 space rental is $25, not bad in comparison to Austin, TX. LOL.