I am so excited about the 70/30 blend from Greenleaf

I just can't get over the ease of this wax and the cold and hot throw I have been getting. I just wanted to let everybody know how excited I am. I have been so frustruated testing waxes and trying to get wicks to burn properly. With this wax I have had an easy time so far on testing wicks and throw. There were a couple of fo's that I was testing in an 8 oz jj and the hot throw was just okay after a couple of days cure time and I was kind of dissappointed but since it has 70% soy I put them away for about 2-1/2 weeks and lit those babies up again and they were AWESOME!!! I will never judge another light scent with just a couple of days cure. I will definitely make sure I put it away and let it cure some more then judge it. I just had to share my excitement. I have been so stressed with working full time, going to night school trying to get into the RN program, husband just started a new job, with have two boys, 9 and 6 at home and then the stress of trying to find the perfect wax after I gave up on J223 (because to me it is just not throwing like it used to). Then Brenda came along. And she is in Texas, big plus for me!!! Anyway, sorry for rambling. I am just so excited. I will stop now. Thanks for listening!!!!:D

I'm still waiting on my sample :sad2: Hopefully it will come soon so I can try it out! My current supplier dropped my wax and I'd like to test this wax before I decide whether to stick with my current wax or not.

Brandi

me too!! I know they have been super busy, because I was requesting it in the first few days that they opened the offer up. They must be SLAMMED!

I am so anxious, because i Have heard so much about it.

Jen, if it does not throw well at first let it cure. So far I have had some oils that throw very well even the next day some I have to let cure. I am testing Brenda's oils and other companies. I have only tested a few but man I am so impressed. I have only had one that has not worked and I got fuel smell and it was an orange scent. Other than that all of them so far have had outstanding cold and hot throw.

I'm still waiting on my sample :sad2: Hopefully it will come soon so I can try it out! My current supplier dropped my wax and I'd like to test this wax before I decide whether to stick with my current wax or not.

Brandi

I got mine this week and I had ordered on 1-22! They had like 700 requests (I think) and ran out of boxes. Keep watching that mailbox!!:laugh2:

A CT member very kindly sent me a couple of lbs. and I'm loving it. I ordered a slab to do some more testing but this just may be my new wax for containers. So far I'm very impressed with the way it performs. As far as "wet spots" so what and who cares:D Only chandlers even know what they are much less stress over them. Any candle shop you go into including up scale ones the containers will have wet spots so embrace them! :grin2:

I think the wet spots depend on your climate...I'm in a fairly cold damp climate at the moment (MN) and I did have wetspots...

ETA: my wetspots are worse in the cold than in the summer...

Jen

I'm in Nebraska and it is cold. When I first poured this, I didn't warm my container and got a wetspot. But then bought a heater for my candle room and put my jars in front of my heater and voila! No wet spots.

Try warming your jars first.

That was going to be my next test...I don't warm my jars when I use EZ Soy but do when I use paraffin (J50 or 4627) so am going to warm the jars next time. I'm really impressed so far with the throw of the wax!

I tried ecos but I'm not a huge eco fan...I don't know why...so I'm testing HTPs right now.

Jen

I tried HTP 105s in 3 jars...with my jars, I usually go up a size from what I'd try in an 8oz reg jj...(to give perspective).

I like the way the htps burned better than the ecos...I don't know what it is that I don't like about the ecos but it seems like no matter what I try...I never get a good burn. With the HTPs, though, I think it was burning too hot and by the end of the burn, they were flame throwers (but I also may not have trimmed the wick as much as I should have so still need to test). I'd try a 104 but those sometimes burn hotter than a 105!

All three had wonderful hot throws! I had the GL Vanilla Lavender in my bedroom and it was coming down the hall and into the living room - loving that scent!

Jen