I haven't seen this discussed anywhere,

But it ticked me off. I was watching a tv show the other morning, for the LIFE of me, I cannot remember which one. They had a lady on there who was giving tips for better living. She told the audience, SWEAR TO GOD, "Place your pillar candles in the freezer and STORE THEM THERE to make them burn longer, and last longer.

WTF?

No wonder people don't know how to use a candle.

Yankme Candles pushes this method. I have alot of people who say that they do this because Yankme says so. One couple went to one of the Yankmee wharehouse things and took a "tour", and were told the same thing. Really annoys me.

Ya know, I just heard this a couple of weeks ago...I've never tried it and don't know if I would advise it.

I'm still trying to get past the "can I dip my hands into it" idea that someone in my area is touting. YUCK! Yeah, we buy all kinds of crap to open and clean out pores...and you wanna cover yourself in wax!! HELLLOOOO!!

Ya know, I just heard this a couple of weeks ago...I've never tried it and don't know if I would advise it.

I'm still trying to get past the "can I dip my hands into it" idea that someone in my area is touting. YUCK! Yeah, we buy all kinds of crap to open and clean out pores...and you wanna cover yourself in wax!! HELLLOOOO!!

Actually extremely warm wax is good for your hands, and I have a paraffin spa thingie with unscented wax in it I use for my feet and my hands sometimes. It makes my hands feel smooth. I have been to a couple of nail salons that use them as well. They make your hands feel great and the warmth of it is also good for arthritus. Now I don't condone dipping your fingers in the hot candle wax, for many reasons. I really love my paraffin spa.

Actually extremely warm wax is good for your hands, and I have a paraffin spa thingie with unscented wax in it I use for my feet and my hands sometimes. It makes my hands feel smooth. I have been to a couple of nail salons that use them as well. They make your hands feel great and the warmth of it is also good for arthritus. Now I don't condone dipping your fingers in the hot candle wax, for many reasons. I really love my paraffin spa.

I have the same thing and it was my doctor that told me to get it. I get sevear eczema in the winter. If it wasn't for my little paraffin spa I wouldn't be able to bend my fingers without them bleeding.

I have the paraffin spa. And somehow, it seems ok to me because you dip and put the plastic bag on, and then peel off the wax...that's what it's made for. But these ppl, according to one of my customers, are dipping and rubbing it into their skin! And some of the younger college-aged girls aren't just using it on their hands, it has become a new, well how do I put this delicately,

'couples' enjoyment(?).

I find it worrisome. However, this is exactly what the ppl pushing this stuff should be concerned about - from a liability standpoint.

Let's face it, there are certain places that wax, of any type, simply do not belong!

I highly advise against it when the girls ask me...and you would not believe how many there have been...all college-aged girls.

I keep all my 'seasonal' (ie Christmas, Easter, Halloween) tapers, pillars and shapes in the freezer - never had a problem with them cracking unless I drop them while still frozen....I have a couple that I burn and have had no problem :undecided ...

Never heard about making them burn longer.....Just do it so they don't melt (when stored with other season stuff....and I always know where they are!

If you place a candle in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes, it will burn longer without the wick absorbing alot of moisture. BUT, It really doesnt burn all that much longer, maybe a hour at most.

But then you have people, who forget its in the freezer, grab it out, and wonder why as it starts to warm up, it cracks...

So I dont really see the whole point of freezing them, it's not worth a extra hour burn time.. and then you could have a cracked or broken candle.

JMO,

pix

I've heard and read this many many many times over the years.

So, this doesn't work?? I have no clue since I don't make them, and have only bought very few.

Why does it make you so mad??

Just curious. ;)

It makes me mad because that ruins candles. They crack, don't burn properly. Then we get blamed. People could say that I made a bum candle, when infact they screwed it up.

You have to understand that if someone were to come back with a candle and say why is my pillar cracked so bad that it fell apart and I ask if they put it in the freezer, they are most likely not going to fess up that they screwed up. They will make something up and then what am I to do. I want to keep my customer so I do what it takes to make them happy, that will likely be to replace the candle and then in turn, because some dummy said something on tv, I am out money!