vanille abricot/Day Star

smart tart

Had ordered a couple of sample packs from Day Star from her 'Premium' line...was really thinking they were too pricey for me (and I don't like the different 'grades' :undecided )

HOWEVER.......the vanille abricot is to die for!! Poured J223, zinc wick in a 10 oz apothecary jar.....Cold throw was outstanding....I cured overnight and within 10 minutes of lighting the hot throw was stupendous (looking for better than outstanding...lol) and within 30 minutes it was filling 2 rooms.

My next to burn is the vanille banane (type).....cold throw on this one is also outstanding!

I don't even (usually) like vanilla but this vanille abricot is truly the best fo I have smelled - I think ever! (And I am a fo ho!)

I have alot of her fo's (from her regular line) and they are good in candles and BnB - love her cranberry banana jam in soap - but vanille abricot is my MOST favorite - not just from Day Star but from all!

Can ya tell I like this fo?? :D

Were you able to use less FO than usual?

I might have been able to, however, since it was my 1st pour with it, I used 1 oz pp.....I don't think I would use less however, cause I loooooooooooooooove it just like it is....going to order a pound just for me and I promise it will never leave this house....(unless Bunny wants some :D)

After that pound is gone, I am sure I will have fallen in love with another fragrance! ;)

Hi Smart,

That is good to know. I have had the Vanille Apricot in the cubboard for several months and just have not gotten around to pouring it. It seems pretty light out of the bottle but like they say "don't judge a scent out of bottle". I do use soy, so I hope I can get as good of a throw as you do in the J-223. She really does have some nice oils. I have so many more to test from her company. :)

Hi! I was wondering how Day Star's Vanille Abricot compared to the original

Comptoir scent. Have you ever smelled it? It is a really gorgeous scent, and if someone could dupe it, it would be worth it to me to pay more for the oil. I tried Scent-Work's vanilla-apricot type scent, and it wasn't the same. (They don't sell it as a dupe, but I was hoping it would be close). Please post after you pour the Vanille Banane-I've never smelled the original, but if it's anything like the apricot, it's probably wonderful, too. Thanks for the post.