Best Wax For Pillars & Votives

I tried making 2 x 4 pillars using ecosoya pb and I am not very happy with the results. While I am still playing with the ecosoya pb, I thought I would ask all you nice people what wax performs the best for you. I make container and votives as well but I am new and since many of you have tried every wax and wick there is I thought it best to ask for HELP! :o

TIA Have A Creative Day!

I mentioned the type pf wax that I am experimenting with, which just happens to be soy. Perhaps I should haven mentioned that it doesn't matter what kind of wax that you use. If it is working very well for you I would love to hear about it! I am open to trying all sorts of waxes. What works best for you?

I purchased the pillar blend from Millcreek wax. I have made some 4x4.5 and the brick pillars and votives and they just slide right out of the molds. You pour exactly at 160. They also have a creamy smooth look to them. Apparently it is manufactured through golden brands which alot of people on this sight root for. So whichever company you choose.

6228 is a wax that you can easily make pillars and votives from. It wasn't my favorite for votives because it requires a little more care and attention than 4794 (which is my fav votive wax), but if you to be able to make pillars and votives out the same batch or at least from the same wax, this would be a good one to try.

Candles and Supplies and Carolina Candle Supplies both carry it.

I use 6228 and am quite happy with it for both votives and pillars....have had no problems and I find the throw is very good!

For containers I have used J223 for the past couple of years however, I am now testing/experimenting with the new Greenleaf 70/30 blend and am very happy - so far.

I would start by changing your molds. Unless you're experienced you might find it frustrating trying to get 2 inch diameter pillars wicked really well. 3 inches would be a lot easier.

If you don't care whether your wax is vegetable or paraffin, then by all means go for paraffin. Soy blends are relatively crappy for pillars and best left to those who have a special interest in veggie candles.

You could try any of the preblended waxes that people have recommended, such as OK6228 (pillars/votives), IGI 4625 (pillars/votives), IGI 4794 (votives only).

If you want to venture into straight paraffin, you could use 1343 or 1274 along with something like Vybar or Universal Additive to harden it up. Those waxes have the advantage of being widely available, but they don't burn so well with only stearic added (such as for mottled and rustic candles).

For additional flexibility with a straight paraffin I'd recommend Candlewic's 4045H, which could be used for just about any purpose under the sun.

I love this pillar blend. Thank you for your link
I haven't tried the PB but I've tried all the other EcoSoya products. They tend to have innovative formulations (such as CB-Advanced) and products that are among the better ones in their class. However, for someone who wants to make pillars and is truly indifferent to vegetable vs. paraffin, I certainly recommend paraffin.