Dyes for Soy?

Okay, I have my soy blend waxes and am ready to start testing, but was wondering if I should be using the regular liquid dyes that I use in my paraffin candles. Do I need to use dye chips or pryme dyes or will the liquid dyes work for now? :confused:

btw, i am testing 135, CBadv and C-3. Thanks!

Okay, I have my soy blend waxes and am ready to start testing, but was wondering if I should be using the regular liquid dyes that I use in my paraffin candles. Do I need to use dye chips or pryme dyes or will the liquid dyes work for now? :confused:

btw, i am testing 135, CBadv and C-3. Thanks!

Go with your liquid dyes and get your feet wet with the soy wax. A lot of people use them. You can always decide later what you prefer.

It's possible for a soy wax sometimes not to like the solvent in a liquid dye, but whatever. Sometimes it won't like your FO, or won't like your container, or won't like the weather, or won't like the way you fixed your hair that day. Just roll with it. :)

Go with your liquid dyes and get your feet wet with the soy wax. A lot of people use them. You can always decide later what you prefer.

It's possible for a soy wax sometimes not to like the solvent in a liquid dye, but whatever. Sometimes it won't like your FO, or won't like your container, or won't like the weather, or won't like the way you fixed your hair that day. Just roll with it. :)

How I love waking up to Top's posts in the morning.:laugh2:

Sometimes it won't like your FO, or won't like your container, or won't like the weather, or won't like the way you fixed your hair that day. Just roll with it. :)

OH!!! So thats why, lately, I can not get my candles to turn out the way I want them because I've been having bad hair days. LOL :laugh2:

I use liquid dyes for my soy candles and love 'em. Occasionally I will use Reddig-Glo dye chips, but mostly liquids. I use Peak dyes for the most part because their drop-top / dispenser is so nice.

Well if bad hair days cause crummy candles, it's a miracle I get ANY made at all! My hair always looks like an unmade bed. LOL

• 2 months later...
I use liquid dyes for my soy candles and love 'em. Occasionally I will use Reddig-Glo dye chips, but mostly liquids. I use Peak dyes for the most part because their drop-top / dispenser is so nice.

Well if bad hair days cause crummy candles, it's a miracle I get ANY made at all! My hair always looks like an unmade bed. LOL

have you found the smell to be present in the finished candles?? I've been looking at their dyes, but it does mention the smell in the description. I have been using EVO and love it, but my supplier doesn't carry them anymore :(

I've only used the dye chips, 'cause that's what I was introduced to. Sometimes they don't dissolve all the way and leave "particles" on the bottom of the jar- most of the time I can just hide it with a warning label.

Must be happenin' on those bad hair days :laugh2: