Weekend Projects So Far

FINALLY, someone else that has the gonads to make BLACK candles. I luv /em, hope they burn all right. I had a little difficulty making mine burn properly, let us know how ya make out.

So far so good. Cure? What cure? My wife usually can't wait to burn them. They usually only get a few hours out of the mold before they get lit. I've got a couple of smaller black ones that are burning well. Next week is a 9 lb 3 wicker that will be the big test. I'm going to do several tilts on it and several shades so it might get several different wicks. Who knows. Just having fun for now.

Chris

Chris

Awesome looking candles esp with the true black

Have tried to make black candles before and fail.

Care to share your secret on what you did to make

your candles a true black?

Thank You!

Stephanie

Thanks. I think the pictures are actually doing me justice though. They still have a bit of violet to them. I'm not a fan of dye chips for that reason. These were made with 2 dye chips per lb of pourettes dye. Not a fancy parrafin with 1 table spoon of universal addative per lb plus a tsp of releasant. I get better color from the liquid dyes usally but these turned out well. Thank you for the kind words.