True Red?

Hi everyone,

I need some help on finding a true red color. I just bought red liquid dye from Candle Science and tried to color strawberry. I added 14 drops red and 1 drop black to 2.5 pounds wax. Candles cured and they are pink.

Is there a red dye liquid or chips that are really red?

as far as dye chips go Ruby Red really does well for me 1 chip/lb of wax....

Where do you buy your color chips? Everyone else who does liquid dye where do you get it? Tell me about your luck with all colors, PLEASE:D

Peaks and LoneStar have great dyes

Yep. I get my liquid dyes from these two places too. I can get a good deep red without using any other color, but it requires more dye than I want to put in a candle. Adding a touch of orange works great.

Aslo to note different waxes color differently.

I use Paraffin for pillars & votives and my own soy blend for containers.

The paraffin I use reqiures 1/2 as much color as does the soy blend.

I find I like liquid for light pastel colors and chips + liquid black (black chips only gives me a dark purple) for dark colors.

I use J50 and have never had problems with purple. What kind of dyes are you using?

I get my purple liquid and all others from Candle Science. It just seems like I have to add way too much to get a good dark purple. I usually have to add a lot of black to it other wise it comes out Barney purple

I get my purple liquid and all others from Candle Science. It just seems like I have to add way too much to get a good dark purple. I usually have to add a lot of black to it other wise it comes out Barney purple

I have a FO that I color deep purple and I use about 8-9 drops of the Violet dye from Lonestar and it comes out nice and deep. I'm sorry it doesn't work out well for you. I hate not getting the color I want. :tongue2:

Color chips don't work well in my experience for deep, rich colors.

What kind of wax are you using?

I would recommend Tri State liquid dyes. They rock, even in soy. I know everyone thinks that Pryme colors are the shit, but trust me these are even better with less mess and you don't have to weigh them out.

Girl you know it on the Tristate!:D

I use their Red liquid dye. 10 drops per lb in J50 wax gives the truest red I have seen in a candle.....with NO fuel smell!

Again Tri State! Their Purple Liquid dye is DEEP purple. When I made Grape candles, they were a DEPP DEEP Purple...30 drops of purple per 5lbs of wax.