Palm Wax problem, Please Help

Soja

I was conscripted to make 10 palm wax candles in this shape for my Daughters wedding. The problem is the feather look is only on the bottom, or the top as it's poured. I think it wasn't hot enough or kept hot. I put a styrafoam cooler over the top of the mold after I poured it like I did with the others that look good.

Poured at 200.

Can anyone help Please???

Soja

post-1543-139458396119_thumb.jpg

I have had that happen to me a few times, and it is usually when I don't pour hot enough into a mold that is hot enough and it all cools too fast. My only suggestion is to make sure everything is hot enough and that there isn't even the slightest draft or chill anywhere. hth ;) Keep me posted and I will help as much as I can!

Big, irregular crystal patterns like that happen when pouring HOT, in my experience with the palm wax I use. Try pouring at 150-160 (even showing a few crystals and getting a little slush) and see what happens...;) At those temps, I get a very regular, quarter-sized burst crystal pattern. I have not been heating my molds; air temperature in the kitchen is about 80... Usually open the door for ventilation...

Congrats on the job!! Even though the candle wasn't what you wanted, I like it anyway!! I love surprises!! :D

I guess it depends on where you get your palm from. I get mine from Candlewic and If I poured at 150-160 like Stella does I wouldn't have a single crystal or feather to be found. I do it the same way Smokin'Hot does. Also heat the oven to 150 or so and turn it off and place your candles in there to cool as slowly as possible. Do you have aluminum molds? They seem to work much better for the palm.

I was conscripted to make 10 palm wax candles in this shape for my Daughters wedding. The problem is the feather look is only on the bottom, or the top as it's poured. I think it wasn't hot enough or kept hot. I put a styrafoam cooler over the top of the mold after I poured it like I did with the others that look good.

Poured at 200.

Can anyone help Please???

Soja

Don't heat the molds. Wrap your molds in a towel from top to bottom, each one should have a towel wrapped around it..secure the towel with duct tape by wrapping around it (try to use crappy towels in case of a spill :D ) Pour at 200, works like a charm... hth