In greenleaf's 70/30 mix how much FO....

Should i be putting in my test jars?? They hold 7oz wax, they are the 9oz hex jars. I think I may be putting to much FO in and my wicks are drowning even the BIG ones. My HTP 105 didnt stand a chance and I am testing Eco 10's as soon as I go get a thermometer today.

Patricia

But how much for a single candle?? Is it .3 or .4 or .5?? How do you figure out how much pp to use if you are only using 7oz wax at a time??

Patricia

Okay, send me your e-mail addy and I'll send you a spreadsheet that will calculate this out for you. I don't do this in my head and DH made an excel sheet with that takes away the guess work. :D

Should i be putting in my test jars?? They hold 7oz wax, they are the 9oz hex jars. I think I may be putting to much FO in and my wicks are drowning even the BIG ones. My HTP 105 didnt stand a chance and I am testing Eco 10's as soon as I go get a thermometer today.

Patricia

If you use 1 oz. pp, and your doing a 7 oz. container, try a 1/2 oz. of f/o.

Yes, start with 1/2 oz for your 7 oz wax. If you go a bit under that you should be fine too since the norm is 1 oz per lb.

Glad to hear you're going to get that thermometer, might want to pick up 2, one for your presto pot and one for your pouring pot. :grin2:

But how much for a single candle?? Is it .3 or .4 or .5?? How do you figure out how much pp to use if you are only using 7oz wax at a time??

Patricia

The way you do it is divide by 16 and multiply by oz/pp.

7 / 16 = .44 x 1 = .44

If you were using 1.5 oz pp it would be:

7 / 16 = .44 x 1.5 = .66