Anyone ever buy those big 4 wick candles at Walmart?

I bought one just as a treat to myself, yes a cheap candle (about $6) but i wanted it more for the looks lol to put on my table. Its one of those mainstays candles from walmart. I love multiple wick candles, they are so pretty. Anyway, my BF says I always critisize every candle i buy, so why did i buy it lol. But...I really like it. It burns perfectly in my opinion, so evenly and nice. Scent throw isnt spectacular, its warm apple pie. But, its decent. I would say medium throw. But anyway it burns wonderfully. I guess ive been making soy candles for too long, cause when i looked at it i thought, well those wicks are not big enough at ALL lol. But they are the perfect size. They look like very thin skinny wicks so im not sure how they burn it so perfectly lol. Its paraffin of course, but no noticeable black smoke. Makes me kind of want to go back to paraffin, things just seem so much easier lol. Anyway was going to say, if you want a candle that does burn well, at least for me, and dont want to make one yourself, it was inexpensive lol. Burns nice, works for me lol. Im not doing those size candles as of YET lol. So thats what I will use for now lol.

watch out when you get near the bottom, cuz those wicks all double and you'll get torch flames! i burned a vanilla one. loved the scent and it burned perfectly, but once i got to where the wicks all doubled, forget about it,lol...

I have an apple one that I bought before I started making candles, the hot throw sucks, it was ok the first few times it was lit but now I just use it for light when the electric goes out.

Maybe I just got a bad one, that would be my luck.

Mindy :)

The last time I looked,(which I admit has been a long time) all the candles from Walmart, KMart, and Target were all imported. I didn't see one candle when I was checking that was made in the US. The quality is just not there. As in most products made in China ( though China is not the only country ) they have the LOOK down. The molded candles, pillars etc looked great just by glancing, and the price was unbelievably inexpensive. It kinda turned my stomach:undecided

Aren't they all overdipped in colored/scented wax? I bought two of the smaller 3" pillars as a comparison for my customers to look at and was not surprised to see a white unscented core with a colored/scented dip overlay. Didn't get one iota of throw and a cruddy burn too.

Never bought the bigger ones, if I want a huge multiwick, I'll make it myself...LOL.

I bought a couple of 3 wickers about 5 years ago at Walmart and the dark red of (of course!) blew out before it even made it halfway on the burn. Red wax right down my rolltop desk and onto my light blue carpet! :angry2: What a mess and a lesson well learned. So I took the dark green one and threw it into my wax recycle box untouched. When I went to break it apart I realized that the wax was indeed granulated so off to the garbage can it went! ;)

Sheryl

I bought a couple of those 4-wicks mainly for cold throw and decor before my candle making days. The cold throw on the black cherry was great, but the dye!! I gave up getting the thick sticky mess completely off the holder it was placed on. Last one (& the very last one I'll ever buy) was a cucumber melon. Cold throw was decent and looked great sitting on coffee table. Upon initial lighting, one wick just shriveled up and died, one I couldn't keep going, and two were fine. Poor thing!

I usually check out W-Mart's candles to see what they're peddling. Last week, they did have a tumbler candle made in the US. Don't remember details.

BTW, I don't make paraffin candles, only soy... why the reaction in the above posts to granulations? I noticed some of the 4-wick W-Mart candles have quite evident granulations which come off like the clear beads on christmas-y type candles. I could be wrong here, but YC tarts seem to be made of them. Not that I'm promoting YC, but just comparing.

Quite curious,

Hope

Yeah its not the best candle, and will prob blow out lol but so far its decent at least for a cheapy candle, mainly for decoration and light scent throw that i didnt have to make myself. lol. Sometimes i get burnt out and rather than make it myself, will buy one, but cant bring myself to buy anything real expensive lol. SO, for the price, I would say it burns well. Decent candle for the price anyway lol. But yes cheaply made lol.

yeah they do look like granulated wax all pressed together lol but they burn well. lol

:confused: I'm burning one right now, even as we speak, or in this case, type. I ALWAYS loved the 4 wick candles from WalMart, until lately. DH bought me 6 for Christmas and they burn out when about 3" is left. I'm on my last one now. I won't be purchasing more, any time soon. I personally feel they have really gone "cheap" in the manufacturing of these candles. Oh well; now I'm making my own and hope to try a 3 wick soon! Just have to get my hands on a mold!

Yes, they are made of granulated pressed wax!!

Before I started making candles myself, I used to buy the vanilla 4 wick candle. It used to leak all over the place and ½ way down the candle, there would be a pool of brown liquid (which I am assuming was FO).

Throw was nice on the vanilla one, I do remember that - ugh, but sooo messy!!