waxes and scents

Can anyone recommend where to get the best scents for soy candles? I have been playing around with making these candles but it seems like the scents are never strong enough or they really stink. Also where can I get good soy wax at a reasonable price? I have been using 1 oz of scent to 1 pound of wax does this sound right. I would love to hear any information and tips from who ever would like to share with me. I do this just for fun and to make my house smell wonderful!! Thanks alot to all of you.

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the board. :) I find too that I have to use up to 1.5 oz. per pound and this is with good quality oils. I do have a few that I can use less but on the average I usually use between 8-9 percent. If you look at the top of the Vegatable Wax Candle Making page you will see a thread in red that says FO for Soy. Click on that and it will show a list of fragrances that people have listed that have thrown well in their soy. This does not mean that they will all throw well in the soy that you use, but there is a better chance that they will since others had luck with them in the soy they use. Good luck and have fun. :)

~Holly

P.S. Regarding where to find a good soy wax for a reasonable price, it depends on where you live, because the shipping is the killer if you order a ways from where you live. I live in Washington and order my soy (Calsoy CB-3) from Swans: http://www.swanscandles.com/ which is in Washington State. Pete is great to work with and he gets things out fast. If you are on the west coast, Swans would be good or Peaks which is in Colorado which is not too bad for shipping. Here is another website that may help:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~campbell1/links.htm

Hey there. I have some really awesome scents. I have tried many many kinds for my soy wax and the kinds I buy are the best! We have more than 1000 scents and it takes about 1 oz. per lb of my Ultra Concentrated ones or I have Extreme Concentates that it only takes about 3/4 oz. in most soys. I don't have my new web site fully loaded but I am working on it. If there is a scent you would like a sample of let me know and I probably have it.

www.scentsntreasures.com.