Large Bath bombs??

Elizabeth

I was visiting my wholesale acct. yesterday and the shop owner was telling me about a trade show she attended last week in vegas. She brought out this large bathbomb that was the size of those plastic xmas ball ornaments. It was priced out at 8.00

The shop owner had showed some interest in these larger size balls and it got me thinking: Are the larger bbombs more appealing to the public and if so, is a bbomb of that size really necessary, meaning, is it anymore effective or just a waste of product.

What do you all think?

Hey Liz, I have to agree with Cindy! I make the regular sized (when they work out) with that crazy meatballer thing. We have a "Bath Junkie" store here in town that sells those bigger bombs and Ashley loves them. I think I located something I can make them with other than those darn ornaments. I can't get those things to work for nothing.

I've recently begun to make and test bath bombs and it has become my newest addiction. :D With just my limited experience, I can say that the large meatball size seems to be just fine in scent and adding the additional moisturizing from whatever oil and or butter you used. I think anything bigger than the large meatball size would be too much much. JMO BUT, if you can make them and make a profit, I say what the hell?? Go for it!! :)

I'll be for the BIGGER is better side. I have an old tub which seems HUGE to me and a little ball just isn't enough. I also like the fizzing action to last just a bit longer, it makes it more 'fun'. But there's tons of people out there that have the whirlpool tubs now. Those are big & deep tubs! I think there's definetly a crowd for the big balls.

Lush sells them and the reviews on a 6oz ball doesn't say it was too much of a good thing. You'll find people complaining that there wasn't even scent or color.

I now have three ornament sizes to choose from

60mm - 4.5oz

70mm - I think this size is my favorite 7oz

80mm (these are enormous) ??oz

kay, make that four sizes...I even have 100mm but that would last a week.

You could market your balls that they're good for more than one bath too. All you do is pull it out after some fizzing action & it'll dry out and wait patiently for your next bath.

Bathbombs can be pulled out too & used for the next bath if they so choose.

Okay....promise you won't kill me for posting this site...

You promised, remember that lol

PlasticOrnaments

This place has so many things, you may just be on there all day (and remember you promised not to kill me)

I my gosh I LUV this place... the prices are good on some things. I got the heart shaped and big ornie balls from there but have yet to use them for bombs. I've only made the bombs a few times. One thing I've tried and could be an option is use 1/2 circle soap molds (for M&P) http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/item/mld-42 and package 2 halves together to look like a whole big bomb. That gives people the option to use the whole thing in one bath or each 1/2 for 2 baths. I tried the meatballer and couldn't get it to work so I used this mold and was happy with the results. If you level the bomb mixture while in the mold they fit together and look like one BIG BOMB!

I make bathbombs, people are very much attracted to the "larger" than meatball press size balls, they don't want shapes, tablets or 1/2 bombs, they want the ones that are the size of an ornament, they are in great awe over them, especially if you get people who have not seen many b4.

Micheals does carry the ornaments all year round

HTH

Edited to add: I live about 45 min from the the craft mall kristine listed, the place is loaded, I got cool galvanized tubs to display my soaps in and all kinds of other fun stuff

I

Edited to add: I live about 45 min from the the craft mall kristine listed, the place is loaded, I got cool galvanized tubs to display my soaps in and all kinds of other fun stuff

I'm soooooo jealous ;) Why aren't there any cool suppliers by me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so undecided....

i make the 1.75" diameter bbomb with a meatballer and the bombs produced scent and moisturize my bath beautifully. Other than "eye appeal", I just don't see the point in the larger ones, especially from a cost perspective. As far as pricing goes, customers can get currently buy 4 of my usual sized bathbombs for the same price they can buy just one of the larger ones. Just because it's bigger doesn't necessarily mean it's better:tongue2: ,lol, I mean, I could just add more "filler" type ingredients i.e., soda, cornstarch, etc. lol