Fisherman's Soap

cindym

Yup, a typical fishermen soap is scented with anise eo, claims are the fishermen rub their hooks and hands with it it'll attrach fish.

A typical kitchen soap is odor removing, like Gene said - with coffee. The coffee scent doesn't come through, but for some weird reason it really works!

Anise EO is one of the oldest fish attractants. It was illegal to use in 11 states until around 1970. The first commercial fish attractant spray was called "FISH FORMULA" and was anise EO in a carrier oil. Not only is it appealing to fish,it helps cover human odors.

I have to agree. If you're looking for a true fisherman's soap ... go with Anise Oil! My uncle (an avid fisherman and guide) uses the pure Anise oil on all of his fishing supplies (and himself).

From what he says, it truly works!

Ditto! Works like a charm. ;)

However, if ya can't stand the smell and you want something that will still get rid of nasty odors (ie: gas, oil, onion, varnish, etc .....) then use old strong leftover coffee for you liquid. I make it and sell alot. hth ;)

I have to agree. If you're looking for a true fisherman's soap ... go with Anise Oil! My uncle (an avid fisherman and guide) uses the pure Anise oil on all of his fishing supplies (and himself).

From what he says, it truly works!

I am also a fishing guide:D It works!!!