question for you soy tart makers.

over the weekend my daughter went to flea market, bought a few tarts off a lady that was selling soy tarts. the scent was strong and we was able to smell a few scents we hadn't smell yet. but i notice on the warning label that it said to use a non electric potpourri burner, is this what you suppose to use with soy tarts, i have only electric warmers and hadn't even read the label till i started to trash paper. for a soy tart it was clean and neat, most i have seen was soft and smeared in bag. it was a good tart and my daughter liked some of the scents she tried, so it was a cheap way to see if i was going to like a scent, i have scents in there that i can't stand but costed me more than a dollar to find that out.:)

I was kind of puzzled by that, also. I noticed it on the warning label of some old Yankee tarts I have had for a couple of years. I'm looking at the warning label on one right now and it does say to burn in a candlelit potpourri pot with rim, and to never use an electric pot. Do you think maybe they mean those little "crock pots" that are meant for liquid potpourri? I'm sure they get a lot hotter than electric tart warmers.

Here are four different tart labels that I found suppliers selling. I have never had a problem with soy tarts or paraffin tarts burning in an electric tart warmer. Did it specifically say "Soy tart warning"? I didn't find one that referred to soy tarts in specific.

Each label is worded a little different.

There was someone on this board that had purchased some tart warning labels and when she got them they had the wording similar to the first one. She said she could not use them because she sells electric tart warmers.

tartlabel.jpg

Failure to follow these directions could result in unexpected fire hazard or personal injury.

Use only in well ventilated low heat potpourri burner without lid. Do not add water. Never heat on stove or electric appliance where temperature would exceed 190 degrees F. Melt enough product to have 1/2 inch of product in pot. Use only in melters designed for wax tarts.

Tart Safety/Warning Labels

Our Tart labels measure 1.25" around and are really a must-have when reselling your finished product. Tart labels state the following: Caution: Failure to following instructions could result in fire hazard, injury or smoke damage. Place in well ventilated, tart approved burner. Do not add water. Never heat on stove or any non-certified tart appliance. Do not allow flame to touch underside of melt pot. Do not heat if pot contains less than 1/2" of wax. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning tart and/or candle unattended.

Great label for the Clamshell Tart molds.Available in rolls of 100 labels. $3.25, click below to order.

Warning! Remove all packaging material before melting. Melt in a dry potpourri burner, NEVER ADD WATER. Only use well ventilated burner that uses a tea light candle as a heat source. Do not heat on stove or any electric appliance. Be sure the container is well ventilated to avoid risk of fire. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Keep out of reach of children & pets. Keep wax free of matches, wick trimmings & flammable materials. Do not move while candle is burning or wax is hot. Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, injury or some damage. Important: To prevent damage, discontinue when 1/4” of wax remains. Crafted in the USA.

Yankee sold their paraffin tarts with a no electric warning label. That is till they started selling electric tart warmers. Now it's ok as far as Yankee is concenered. Of course they sell the non light bulb warmers so I'm sure they would say you couldn't use those. Next year bet they will sell the light bulb warmers and they will be the best thing going and the prettiest too.

I have had a punched tin electric tart warmer for about 8 years or more. Yankee was the only place to buy tarts at first. Sure glad I started making tarts and introducing electric warmers to lot of customers. Now they're hooked like I am...

Thats the one in picture , NBKFDU4. i preferr the electric warmers over tealight but thought maybe for soy tart it was different. mine i use don't say anything about not useing a electric warmer, it says to use a low wattage warmer. and i have notice my coffeee mug warmer which is 24 watts, lose the scent faster when melting a tart, than the 17 watt ones i use from walmart.

• 1 year later...

I emailed BCN a while back, and have seen it asked on their board to add warning labels for tart/melts that say "For use in an tart approved burner/warmer".

Never heard a reply nor did BCN ever return my email???

http://boards.bittercreek.com/tool/post/bittercreek/vpost?id=1396990&highlight=tart+warning+label

Maybe now Doneen will see this thread and reply...LOL:laugh2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MC carries labels that say "tart approved burner."..

http://www.mcsoywax.com/supplies.htm

Tart Safety/Warning Labels

Our Tart labels measure 1.25" around and are really a must-have when reselling your finished product. Tart labels state the following: Caution: Failure to following instructions could result in fire hazard, injury or smoke damage. Place in well ventilated, tart approved burner. Do not add water. Never heat on stove or any non-certified tart appliance. Do not allow flame to touch underside of melt pot. Do not heat if pot contains less than 1/2" of wax. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning tart and/or candle unattended.

Great label for the Clamshell Tart molds.Available in rolls of 100 labels. $3.25, click below to order.

HTH

I haven't used an electric "tart" warmer myself just the ones with tea lites, but when I read the warning label that says a non-electric potpourri burner I took it to mean the burners specifically for porpourri...the ones that you put liquid potpourri in. I don't put the "non-electric" warning on mine 'cause everyone I've sold tarts to have not had a problem with soy tarts in the electric tart warmers.