My rebatch for the Dusty Fund

Meridith

Here is some soap I've rebatched. I save all my soap scraps and rebatch them. I call them "Little Treasures" and sell them to raise money for our local shelter. The money goes into a fund called the "Dusty Fund" which pays for animals that are found or brought into the shelter with illnesses or injuries that would otherwise result in the animal being put down since the shelter does not have the funds to deal with these animals. Now, thanks to the Dusty Fund, these animals don't have to be put down and can get the medical care they need and go on to find loving homes and families.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/MeridithB/rebatach.jpg

Thank you. I do this because I feel we should give something back. Also, the Dusty Fund is very near and dear to my heart because you see, I adopted Dusty who is now named Malcolm. Malcolm is a chocolate lab that was purchased at our local pet store so you know he cost a pretty penny. At the age of 6 month, he and another dog were hit by a car in July 2004. The other dog died as a result of its injuries, but Malcolm survived. His owners did take him to the vet that night where it was determined his leg had to be removed. The owners said "Thank you, but no thank you" paid the after hours bill and left. The next day, they stopped payment on the check. The dog was then tied to a tree and left for 8 months before the owners decided to reliquish him to the shelter this last February 2005. By this time, he was severly malnourished, every bone stuck out, and his front leg was so atrophed (sp?) that it folded up across his chest. He would have been put to sleep had it not been for the generosity and hard work of certain people (one lady in partiuclar) that took it upon themselves to raise the money to save this dog. After a certain amount was raised, a local vet stepped up and did the surgery for his cost only and he and his wife nursed this dog back to health. Because 8 months had lapsed from the time of the injury w/out medical care, Malcolm lost his whole entire front right leg, right shoulder and all the muscle. Money was left over which was then used to start the Dusty Fund. Two weeks ago, the Dusty Fund paid for another dog to have its front left leg removed after being hit by a car and the owners refusing to get treatment. I got to meet that dog last week and he is such a sweetie. I'm sure he'll find a really nice home. At least now he has that chance. You've got to love those Tri-pod dogs. :)