FO Separation

Okay, I've been making candles for about a year now and I have only had this happen to me twice with the same fo. When it starts to set up the fo is at the bottom - looking like a gel candle while the top is all creamy like a reg jar candle should look like.

What to do??

I was told pour hotter but I poured at 190 degrees, pour into pour pot and add fragrance. Is this wrong? It works on all the others.

Lisa

I would think it would probably be a stir more or use less FO issue, also. Are you weighing your FO or measuring it by volume? If you are using a liquid oz, could be this FO is heavier than others you've worked with. If it's not this or anything else the others have said, I have no idea!

Heather

Try warming and stir for much longer than you are doing now. I have a few Fos that take a long time to fully incorporate. I stir and stir and then walk away for a few minutes and then stir some more and then repeat until fully mixed in. It can take 20 minutes or more sometimes. I also heat my wax pretty high (200 degrees) to help it incorporate.

I have this problem with some of my FO's that have cinnamon or vanilla in them. Heat that FO up. Put it in a hot bath for a few minutes (heat up some water, pop the FO bottle into the water bath and let it sit for a few minutes). Then....incorporate into the wax and stir like crazy. Don't sell the ones that the FO separate in.....they are hazardous as the FO is flammable when the flame hits it and POOF....SOMEONE WILL HAVE CINGED EYEBROWS....:undecided