Thanks Janet - Electric candles

Donita

Janet....I have cardboard with 4" 5" 6" 7" and 8" holes cut out. I can then drop in the filled balloon and see what size it will be. These are 6". So after building up about 1/4" shell they turn out to be about 6 1/2". Now how's that for math skills....lol. I am going to do a 4" in a few minutes....or as soon as my wax melts....I told you that the 7" weighed 7 lbs....then I found the 6" weighed 6 lbs....so maybe the 4" will weigh 4lbs....when filled with water. I had to figure this out to make sure they all come out as uniform in size as I can....

TUCKER.........mind your own business....hehehehehe...and I did send a little present....no big deal...it's a gift. Donita

I am attaching a pic of them unlit too.

post-248-13945839535_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone....Janet got me started. Just took one to the store tonight. Sharyl...the flower is a Moth Orchid. Bruce....here are two pictures. I got a hole maker from Janet. Cords and silicone bulbs too. I made a groove with a screw driver for the cord...then put on a piece of cork. Donita

post-248-139458395413_thumb.jpg

Just beautiful Donita as allways. You do such beautiful work. I sure wish i was closer to learn things from you. Im dying to try this but i couldnt beleave the price for dried flowers around here. Ill have to dry some of my own before playing around. Im just not sure about one thing though, how are you dipping them after applying the flowers without getting burned or messing up the cane? Lin

Newbee here! hi everyone!! I've been following Donitia and Tuckers threads for a few months now!! You two have really inspired me!! Beautiful work!! I need to get some hurricane wax and give it a try! You give much better directions then I have come across on the net or in a book! The two of you need to collaborate and put out a book!!!!

Donitia,

1. Ditto on lin's question... and

2. how do you get the corkboard to stick to the bottom so it doesnt fall off??