Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha & Wild Watermelon

Never try to put coffee beans in the bottom of CP soap. After cutting off the bottom inch to rid my soap of the beans that were falling out, this is what I came up with. The bottom layer is Mocha colored with Hershey's cocoa and the "white" layer is scented Vanilla Hazelnut coffee.

Please excuse my crappy lighting, I'm too lazy to drag out the lightbox.

mocha.jpg

Wild Watermelon from ICS colored with red oxide and swirled with light and dark green oxide for the rind. I probably should have put a layer of white between the two, but forgot about it till it was too late.

watermelon.jpg

You are making some cool soaps, Grumpy Girl! The scents for both sound scrumptious and the watermelon soap looks fantastic. I like the varied greens you've got going there. :)

I'd love to do a coffee soap! Your top is awesome and you'll figure out the bean thing so you are satisfied with the bottom too! :highfive: Very nice.

Thanks guys! I used Black Sesame Seeds for the watermelon seeds since I was out of poppy seeds. I tried not to use too many.

I'm determined that I can start to work this stuff kinda like MP eventually and get some style going on. Time will tell.

They both look wonderful! And I bet they both smell devine! Did you add scent to the watermelon rind? I too, will have to start making a list of "to add or not to add". :) I need to get off the pot and start experimenting! Love the looks!!

Stephanie

• 4 months later...

OMGosh! The watermelon soap looks delicious! I would scoop that up in a second! Too bad the coffee beans didn't work out. I've gotten to where I don't purchase soaps with 'stuff' (herbs, etc) in them for personal use anymore. Although they look neat, they usually make a mess in the drain of my tub. But I still like to look at them. :cool2: