2 Shows, to close?

moniek

There is a festival on May 6th (12x12, $75.00 fee, one day), and another one on May 26 and 27 (10x10, $25.00 fee).

Does anyone do shows that close together? Thought about doing both, but not sure?:confused: I will definetly do the May 26 and 27. Okay, you guys, help me decide!!!!!!!

Are the shows close in location, where some of the same people might be going through? You might want to consider doing both, when people see you at multiple shows they remember, and they begin looking for you at future shows. Just depends if your physical and emotional health will take it!! My first show of the season is this Saturday, the first of three in a row, then a week off, then 3 in a row. I will be exhausted and sooooo sick of candles by the end of april, but spring shows are big around here and I prefer not to do summer shows, when the kids are home from college and I want more family time, so this carries me thru till fall when we have a similar schedule. Good luck whatever you decide!

Guest EMercier

I don't think that's too close. Normally at the end of the year I have two in the same weekend. I've had one where I ordered extra supplies and was able to go home and make a few more. I've done those before, so I know the crowd and what they are looking for. These two are a few weeks apart and I feel it gives you time to re-up your supplies. The show I'm doing in April (two day) I went during December and scoped it out and I had to get a feeling for the crowd and what they were looking for. I also go by how many people they normally have and what is possible for me to make.

From about October to December, I did a show just about every weekend. Some weekends, I had two at the same time at different locations. DH did one and I did the other. Go for both shows - it's great exposure. And you still have plenty of time to get ready for both. ;)

I don't think they are to close, I shows back to back in one weekend, even duiring Xmas season, I just get very organized and plan ahead for stock and pack both up seperately so I can unload one and load the other the next day.

NO the booth fee is reasonable, I have one show that is one day and is $90, you will have to see how well you do, at this I do about 15x booth fee so I don't mind paying that much for a one day show.

You wanna talk close eh? This is my schedule next week:

Sat 11th - 9-4 (Booth Fee $60 for 10x20)

Sat 18th - 9-4 (Booth Fee $45 for 10x20)

Fri 17th - 3-9

Sat 18th - 9-6

Sun 19th - 11-3 (Booth Fee for this 3 day show is $575 for a 10X15)

I had a fall last year where I did two HUGE festivals, both three day show with over 75,000customers. Fri, Sat, Sun, both weekends!:tongue2: Booth fees were $300.00 for each show. I began pouring for thos shows in mid July and they were in early Oct. I poured over 1200 candles! You have to plan your year of shows but what you are talking about is very doable if you plan it out and start pouring ahead of time. Then you don't feel rushed.;)