Help on where to buy liquid dyes

I just pitched my liquid dyes yesterday due to the tops of them leaking and just in general making a huge mess. They had the droppers in them and the squeeze bulbs (I guess you would call them) on the tops were horrible and the bottles were leaking everywhere. I need to buy some more liquid dyes now so, would like to try to find something that has the lids on them with the twist caps that I don't have to use the droppers in them. Any ideas on where to get something like this?

I just pitched my liquid dyes yesterday due to the tops of them leaking and just in general making a huge mess. They had the droppers in them and the squeeze bulbs (I guess you would call them) on the tops were horrible and the bottles were leaking everywhere. I need to buy some more liquid dyes now so, would like to try to find something that has the lids on them with the twist caps that I don't have to use the droppers in them. Any ideas on where to get something like this?

Trust me the twist off/cap lids are WAY MESSIER than droppers. But if you do want some, BC and Alabaster has them.

I use the liquid dyes from Candles & Supplies. They have the plastic squeeze bottles with the cap that twists off that I think you're looking for. They are a huge mess too! I really like these colors, but it would be horrible for me to start over with a different brand of dyes since my formulas are all with these, so it's the price I pay. You may not have any better luck with the squeeze bottles.

That's what I have been wondering about myself as far as having to start over again with trying to formulate the mixes of the dyes to make the same colors I have now. I didn't know if the twist tops would be any easier or not so, since it seems they may not be, I will just order where I have before. I know that I will have them by the end of the week if I order now and I am in need of them really quick. Thanks for the responses on this! Moving my shop out to the garage where I have a little room built out there with heat and a/c so maybe with having them on a shelf instead of having them in a cart will help with the leaking problem I have had in here. I really think that since they have been knocked over a few times in the cart that has been the biggest problem with the leaks but, will buy them again and see what happens this time around. Thanks again for the responses!

For me, the twist caps were waaaaayy messier than the droppers. I won't use anything but the droppers now, but I have had a few leak on me too.

Also, BC is moving over to carrying the dropper bottles with their dyes, so I'm not sure if they still have the twist tops or not.

What you don't like colored fingertips? :laugh2: Wish the droppers withstood the constant use, but I certainly wouldn't have thrown them away. I certainly need to find a few of those dropper!

I've been using my chop stick to get drops of dye into the wax. Even that can get messy too.

What you don't like colored fingertips? :laugh2: Wish the droppers withstood the constant use, but I certainly wouldn't have thrown them away. I certainly need to find a few of those dropper!

I've been using my chop stick to get drops of dye into the wax. Even that can get messy too.

Here ya go, Scented:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=49

My dyes got tossed due to the fact that the dropper part of them were all leaking everywhere and I was a little unsure of the quality of the dye itself. Some of the bottles had the "crusties" around the edges of them and the dye really looked thick where before it was not as thick. So, I went over to a candle supply store here in town and bought me some dye chips. I have used these before but didn't get the colors out of them that I wanted to. I looked at their candles that they said they only used one chip per pound of wax and they had these nice bright, deep colors in their candles. I took the chance and bought a couple of bags of these, I figured it was only $4 for 40 chips so why not...if they are good then I can just go back and get more. I made a couple batches of candles and mine are just as bright and deep in color as are theirs! I was pleasantly surprised let me tell you! Good thing is that they are just a couple of miles away, the dyes are good, there is not any shipping charges and I can go get them whenever I need them without having the mess that the liquids have. So far I am happy. They have 20 chips in a bag for $2.00 each and have 20 colors. Looks like my problem with the mess is taken care of!!

Hey didnt Candlewic, and/or Alabaster have some new type of "Dye" that was easier to measure and use. Just thought I remember seeing that somewhere. I was interested in them, but I need the liquids for my aroma beads. :)

I've never tried dye chips, but might just have to do that sometime. I also found that the bottles of dye which were leaking at the top were also getting thick and gooey. I hate throwing away a bottle of dye that's half-full just because it "went bad", but I don't like using the dye once it's thick like that. One thick drop equals 4-5 regular drops and it's hard to maintain consistent coloring. :angry2:

Everyones situation is different, but I use my wifes used syringes from her medication. I snip off the needle portion. They are glass so the cap seals very well with no drips. They are really good for making exact measurments in drops. There are no cc markings but they give very exact drops. I also use them for oiling tools. I really wouldn't recommend this, but in my case my wife doesn't have anything I can catch.

I have to say after buying more of these dye chips that they are working out great for me. I use the Joywax from NG and have had problems in the past with dye chips in this wax with the colors not being as "colored" as I wanted them to be. I bought the chips from an online supplier and had to use several of them when only supposed to use 1 per pound to get the color. The ones that I just bought are really working out great!

In my case with the liquids, I really liked the ease of use of them, don't get me wrong. It was just a situation where I had the dyes for a couple of years and they were super thick. Most of the bottles had just a little left in them when I pitched them. The bulbs on the droppers were all dried out, thin and crusty as well as around the edges of the bottles. I'm not one to normally throw out things like this due to the cost of replacing them. If not for the nasty mess, the way the dyes looked and the bulbs on the droppers being in the shape they were I would probably still be using the messy things! :wink2: