Hurricane Shells

Hello my name is audrey & i'm new to the candle & forum seen....:D but i was just wondering i read the directions for making hurricane shells but i was wondering if anyone has tried these & if so can you make them different colors. nothing dark but light pastels & if you can do they distort the pics? very interested in this thinks it might make a difference in my business.

thanks for any imput, also i do have a website if anyone wants to visit & give me any advise on it :tiptoe: .

thanks again

Audrey (Candle Light Creations)

www.candlelightcreations.net

hi, there are lots of tutorials just use the search feature located above : ) You said to take a look at your website and I did and I will comment on the following phrase you have on your opening page...(I copied and pasted it below) It seems as if you have a run on sentence.It doesn't make sense to me... sorry. "Which would you rather burn? Paraffin or Candle Light Creations Friends don’t let Friends Burn Paraffin Because it just makes good scents!"

I agree with what Top said. MA....there wasn't a place to click to view hurricane candles. Welcome to our board but know that many of us here use paraffin (and soy) and don't feel that we are jeopardizing our customers. If you plan to make hurricane candles, they will be made out of paraffin. Even though you aren't burning them, you will still be using a petroleum product. That would be important to me if I were trying to advertise my business as an Eco friendly one. Donita

i want to thank you all for the comment on my heading. i didn't mean to offend anyone.:embarasse I will remove that immediately because everything said is true. Top i'm not sure what you mean by unfounded statements or falsehoods. please explain. i don't feel i'm manipulating the consumer. i'm sure everyone here thinks their candles are the best or the use the best products to produce them. i was just trying to take pride in what i do. ok i have done some revamp of the home page. let me know what you think (please be gentle):( it really looks like everyone here is out of my league but i can only get better i hope. Donita btw i visited your home page you really have some beautiful candles i just hope i can get that good but i have been doing this for a very short time so bear with me.:o

Sorry that I phrased it as if you were intentionally trying to mislead people. However, it hasn't been demonstrated that burning soy wax has any advantages related to health or even soot production. Also, soy and paraffin wax are both natural substances, paraffin maybe a little more so. Paraffin is isolated from crude oil, which is made from ancient plants incubated by the earth. Soy wax is made by hydrogenating vegetable oil, a good example of the old PR slogan, Better Living Through Chemistry. Among candlemakers, soy wax and paraffin are just two materials and not two factions. You can take pride in your products without knocking either one.