Let me tell

Anna

you how new I am,I ordered pko flakes,sweet almond oil,avocada oil,and don't know what the hell to do with it.:D I believe the pko flakes can be used same as coconut oil.Can I use these other oils instead of olive oil?I know what you are saying right now,what a dummie.

Anna

To answer you question, no PKO can't be used as Coconut. Yes, you can use the other oils instead of olive but you'll need some other base type (coconut, babassu, soybean, canola, etc) to complete your recipe if your not using olive. I agree with Kerry, research the Millers site as she has some good information, good luck!

To answer you question, no PKO can't be used as Coconut.

Disagree on that part. PKO and coconut have very similiar properties. You can sub one for the other but must run the numbers through a lye calculator. I frequently use both. Here's a comparison:

Cococonut PKO

Cleansing 67 61

Conditioning 10 18

Bubbly 67 61

Creamy Lather 12 9

I agree with Eugenia.......I don't use any coconut in any of my soaps as my skin hates even the smallest amounts, I strictly use PKO at about 15%.

You could also add some lard to get a nice hard bar.......just run it all through the lye calculator first!

You can use a combination of both coconut and PKO. My personal preference is no higher than 25% of the total combined. That said, my skin can't handle more than about 15% coconut. Some of my customers can't handle it either. But it does lend great qualities to the soap when combined with PKO. PKO is a bit gentler on the skin.

You can use PKO in place of coconut or combine it with coconut like I do, I use 12% coconut, 10% palm Kernal. There is also alot of other oils you could sub for or use with olive oil. I like to use soybean oil at about 10%. I am also considering adding 10% canola aswell. Rice bran oil makes a nice substitute. Olive however, does add alot to the bar even if it is a little pricey, at least its easily available at the grocery store,which is a plus for any beginner soaper.

Oh , No problem I'll tell ya what to do with it, put them all in a box and send them to me!!JJ.. Youll love the sweet alomond and avacodo for just about any bath & Body product. Lip balms, Soaps, body butters, you name it!

LOL,Marisa.:laugh2: I have become so addicted to soap making.I have been using the common oils,and lard from the local store,so I wanted to branch out and use some of the better oils,but wanted to make sure how to use them.

Thanks everyone!

Anna