Do you get offended?

Okay... so I work really hard on making my candles. My housemates (whom I love to death) love candles so I am constantly making candles for them. They burn them for 10hrs or more.....and they don't trim the wicks. I have tried to get them to cut the wicks, not power burn them so long...they don't listen. I get so offended when I have to constantly see huge mushrooms :) all over the house. My babies are being abused. Does anyone else feel this way?

I was at my Christmas party for work. Went into the bathroom where this beautiful candle was burning. The wick was a mess and the jar was all black. I couldn't help myself...had to blow it out. I couldn't take it. See what this place has done to me???

I was at my Christmas party for work. Went into the bathroom where this beautiful candle was burning. The wick was a mess and the jar was all black. I couldn't help myself...had to blow it out. I couldn't take it. See what this place has done to me???

That is SO funny! I was at a baby shower this weekend and the hostess had a candle burning. It was driving me NUTS because it was tunneling so badly!!! I've become very anal when it comes to candles!

Before I started making candles(was thinking about it) my husband and I were at a show and he said to a candlemaker,"Your wicks are off centered".I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself.So as we walk away I say to him,You should not have said that.He said "Well it was the truth."

Now that we make them I think I will keep him near me.I have no idea what he would say.

I will say you do have some points when you see a bad candle.I saw one once and felt like saying to the business"let me bring you a good candle to burn." Also A friend told me I needed to call someone and see if I could put my candles in her shop.She said the lady sold did not smell at all.I told my friend to ask her a few questions.Well come to find out she makes her own candles.:shocked2: OOOPPSS

LynnS

Funny... cause I went to a restaurant last night. The candle on my table had a huge wick. I'm sure it had been burning for quite awhile. I would have done anything to get my hands on that wick! LOL :cheesy2:

Too funny! I was at restaurant today and when they lit a candle and put it on our table the flame was shooting out the top of the container. I laughed and told my sister they need to trim their wicks. She didn't even notice because she is like Soya's housemates when it comes to burning candles. Also, when I was at a doctor's office the other day their candle was smoking up a storm. The entire top of the container was all black (thank goodness it wasn't one of mine). Of course I had to let the receptionist know that the wick needed trimming. I have to examine just about every candle I see lit or not.

Okay... so I work really hard on making my candles. My housemates (whom I love to death) love candles so I am constantly making candles for them. They burn them for 10hrs or more.....and they don't trim the wicks. I have tried to get them to cut the wicks, not power burn them so long...they don't listen. I get so offended when I have to constantly see huge mushrooms :) all over the house. My babies are being abused. Does anyone else feel this way?

If they don't pay you for them I would tell them to burn them right or cough up some cash!:P

• 2 weeks later...

Most people don't know how to burn and most really don't care as long as scent throw is there!

No matter how many times I tell my friends and family how to burn candle, doesn't matter who made it, they all look the same! Hang ups and mushrooms and some sooting. I just recently switched my friends over to soy....hate to see what my jars looks like. I'm hoping they followed my instructions!

You may produce a perfect burning candle, but in the hands of a customer, it all changes!

Saltbox Pantry

My mother-in-law refuses to trim the wicks on her candles. She says she has been burning candles since she was a teenager and has never done that so she isn't about to start now. She does know that all candle labels say to trim them, but she doesn't feel the need, even after I explain why it is important!

Needless to say she is not a tester for me.:undecided

No candles for her!!!:laugh2: