? re: selling tumblers w/no lids

I got a resolution on my glass problem (see rant), but the new glass won't arrive in time for me to pour for my exhibit. So now I have a whole bunch of tumblers that have no lids. I've looked all over for plastic inserts, ANYTHING, that will cover the tops of these little jars. No go. I've never sold a candle w/o a lid. Do I try to shrink wrap them? Put 'em in cello bags? Or will this even bother people? :confused: Advice please! I'm running out of time ...

I got a resolution on my glass problem (see rant), but the new glass won't arrive in time for me to pour for my exhibit. So now I have a whole bunch of tumblers that have no lids. I've looked all over for plastic inserts, ANYTHING, that will cover the tops of these little jars. No go. I've never sold a candle w/o a lid. Do I try to shrink wrap them? Put 'em in cello bags? Or will this even bother people? :confused: Advice please! I'm running out of time ...

Malinda - our tumbler customers typically put them in a cello bag and tie a nice bow or pretty colored twist tie at the top.

HTH

Brenda

I can see how that would work, but cello is also a hassle & sometimes it smells. I think a lot of people don't get where to sniff too. Then they're all shoving their nose down the center of the bag.

Depending on what your set up looks like...I think plain is just fine. If you're worried about people pushing in the wax, etc...what about those clear smelly jelly liners from BCN. You could punch a wick hole in the middle and place it in the jar so its a protector sort of. You could even label it. That'd be neat!

I think it would look great alone (with no cover), since you are bringing them to a show. If you set up well with table decoration, etc it should look just fine. Cello bags would look nice, but that's a big hassle and people do get confused on where to sniff. Plus, if they are handled too much they start to look crappy. I would leave them naked and uncovered. I'm sure they will be beautiful.

I guess I just have some sort of weird track in my head that says "if you have no lids the smell will escape........." and I know that is just stupid but I can't help it :) I'm just freaked because I made two glass orders for this event and I'm not going to have either of them in time & I'm trying to make do with my personal glass stash.

I guess I just have some sort of weird track in my head that says "if you have no lids the smell will escape........." and I know that is just stupid but I can't help it :) I'm just freaked because I made two glass orders for this event and I'm not going to have either of them in time & I'm trying to make do with my personal glass stash.

Nah, the smell won't escape. I don't cap any of my testers after I start burning them. I smell each one each time before I light it to check the cold throw and so I definitely don't think that the scent will escape.

In a pinch, you can buy some Glad Press N Seal and use that - there are logos imprinted on the stuff, but there are enough blank spaces that you can maneuver around them. When I used it for my last-minute emergency, I just cut out a square, pressed it around the top rim and ran a sharp knife around the edge to cut off the excess. Worked like a charm.

At Christmas shows, I put some on the table "dressed" in cello and bows. You know - the pre-wrapped look? You could do that with several or most and leave one or two of each fragrance to be sniff testers. Yes, it is more work, I agree. But I have seen many many folks do this and they are qutie attractive. And you can get really creatvie with the bags/bows - themes and colors! Never know - could be the start of a whole new idea for you! :)

The ones from Taylor Concepts are clear. Be sure to punch your sniff holes before peeling off the backing. I tried to poke holes after I put them on my wine glasses. What a disaster. The folks at Taylor are very nice and will ship Priority if you phone the order in.