Will someone explain

Lisa

What is the difference between cocnut oil and the 76 degree oil? Thanks Does it matter when you using it for body products?

I generally use 76 degree for body products, its pretty cheap and I dont use it as a lone oil or as a majority of the ratio oil, so I am not worried about the drying aspect of it.. I swiped this frm another site....

Fractionated coconut oil is also called caprylic/capric triglycerides, and it contains only the caprylic and capric fatty acids (approximately 13%) of whole coconut oil. That means there's no lauric or myristic fatty acids, which are the parts of coconut oil that make the fluffy lather. Soap made with FCO will likely be very different from soap made with the standard kind, but that's one experiment I haven't tried.

Also, fractionated coconut has a higher sap value than the other varieties, so be sure to run it through a sap calculator if you do decide to use it in soap.

Regarding the other types of coconut (76-degree, 92-degree, 110-degree, virgin), they're all fine for soap (although I wouldn't use virgin -- too expensive and too nice for other applications where it keeps that yummy scent). 76-degree is standard refined coconut; 92- and 100-degree are partically hydrogenated, which makes them solid at higher temps. I think some soapers like the higher melt points because it means the coconut stays solid all year round, but that doesn't make any difference to me -- I dig mine out of the bucket with a spoon in the winter and dip it out with a cup in the summer. My advice would be to buy whichever you can get for less money.

The virgin is more expensive but I have used it a couple of times and it makes a really big difference how the later feels. It is an extremely soft and rich later. I couldn't use it all the time but it sure puts out a great bar of soap.