Need help finding a way to get more sales

LatherandLight

Does anyone have any good ideas for me?

I have been running my small business nearly 4 yrs now, it does minimul(sp?) sales. We have had the occasional wholesale orders and a little sales here and there for normal sales.

www.latherandlight.net

We make our own candles, bathsalts, and i make mp soap. We also carry a B&B line, plus bath puffs.

Need some advice please.

I'm on webrings already.

2nd, I can't imagine running an online business w/o some kind of face time with real customers.

p.s. - your site looks nice, but I'd stick with a left-justified setup. I have to scroll over to read the end of some sentences. Nitpicky? maybe.

I think you site looks nice and your labels and use of color on your bath and body products looks smashing. I would change the weight, it looks like you are getting less than 1 oz when I think you are offering a 9 oz product. I could be wrong. I saw 0.09 on there and to me thats less than 1 oz.

I would try home parties, online parties and straight word of mouth. Do an open house and hand out samples. They go far in business. Also get your name out there. Do brochures, flyers, pass out business cards everywhere you go. Do a little cold calling to salons, tanning places and beauty shops to see if they are interested in wholesale. Then the ones that seem interested, drop them off some wholesale literature and sample of something. Its a minimal investment of your time and money~ plus it could land u a new acct.

Do you have a local Farmers Market? Its a good way for a variety of people to see your products. Do local groups have fund raisers? Maybe you could donate a gift basket. Usually they list everyone who donates. Are there any local stores that would allow you to set up a display of your products?

To get your name out there and move into more wholesale accts you gotta start doing trade shows. Yes they are expensive but thats where you pick up wholesale accts and thats where the retailers go to buy for their stores. The best shows are usually Jan/Aug. Here's a list of just a few of the shows

http://www.giftbusiness.com/indexes/tradeshows.html Good luck..

I have to say that on your soaps, you need pictures of the soaps versus the molds and descriptions of the soaps & fragrances would help out a lot too.

The site is very nice!

Also on the ornamental and pillar pages, I would exchange the pics that include molds with ones that just show the finished product. You are selling the candle, not the mold. Otherwise I think the site looks pretty good.

As for getting more sales, here are some thoughts...

- Give your card/brochure to any and everyone you meet.

- Do as many shows as possible.

- When you do shows, like a candle or two and use that fragrance to lure people to your table.

- If you know anyone that's doing a raffle or any event where donations are needed, donate a basket with some of your items in it.

- If you need to give a gift, give something from your line, if they like it they will reorder!!

- Leave a few cards/brochures at the grocery store, nail shop, hair dresser, cleaners.

Thanks soo much. I will write down all of your advice and talk with dh about it.

Thank you for the compliments on the site. :)

We have done farmers markets before, need to find another one here since we just moved here a couple months ago.

I will try to get pics of my products to replace the ones with molds included.