How do you let people know about your business / website?

epheme

I found the best advertisement is word of mouth. Some other ideas are leaving business card or flyer tacked on your local supermarket bulletin board (if available) I have donated baskets for raffles. Most that I have gave away as gifts or samples has given me a lot of business. I had my mother in law take a scent list and order forms to work.......that gave me over 60 sales. Hope some of these ideas help. Of course everything would have your website on it also:p

You tell them...or they won't know about it. Either you risk coming off sounding pushy and actually make some sales, or you don't say anything at all and worry that you've lost some sales. In order to run your own business, you HAVE to be good at marketing and if you're not able to tell people about your business without sounding like you're begging for sales, than maybe owning your own business is not a smart move- or you can hire a sales person to do the dirty work for you.

I just did this 2 weeks ago, just to test it out. I made up tart bags, 1 tart in each bag and labeled it. I left a little heart $1 store basket with a note Free Tarts. I did that in 5 different places, and the orders have been comming in non stop.

I'm not saying to give away all of your products but I have had multiple orders from the same people and their friends, so Word of Mouth Rocks.

Example: The first lady to call ordered 20 tarts, she wanted fruit scents, so I made up 2 of each fruit scents, then she called back for her 2 daughters, they each want 20 tarts each, so I made up and mixed the scents I gave her and some different ones. So the lady could smell the ones I didn't give her.

Have a Candle Party, invite friends, family, people you work with, neighbors, etc....

I like the car decal thing, that is neat.

Flyers are good, you can put those up at any local bulletin board, usually grocery stores have them when you walk in.

Are any of your Firehalls having any bingos, or gift basket bingos, ask the women auxilery, I'm sure they would love a donation.

Good Luck,

Mindy :)

As others have already mentioned, Word of Mouth never fails. Participate in as many shows as you possibly can. If people don't buy that day make sure they have your card and/or brochure. When you do shows, have a few items lit, people will wonder where the wonderful smell is coming from, once they come to investigate, you've got em!!

Also, try giving candles as gifst. I love to give my candles to those who've never bought from me. You may also want to try donating a basket or something to a raffle and/or charity.

You tell them...or they won't know about it. Either you risk coming off sounding pushy and actually make some sales, or you don't say anything at all and worry that you've lost some sales. In order to run your own business, you HAVE to be good at marketing and if you're not able to tell people about your business without sounding like you're begging for sales, than maybe owning your own business is not a smart move- or you can hire a sales person to do the dirty work for you.

Thanks for the encouragement. I emailed all my friends and fam. last night, and i don't think it sounded too pushy or like I was begging for sales. Some great ideas in this thread, I never would have thought to put up flyers @ the grocery store.

I emailed all my friends and fam. last night, and i don't think it sounded too pushy or like I was begging for sales.
It does not come across as pushy unless you ask them to buy something. Telling them you exist is not pushy. You can also ask them to tell their friends about you. Emphasize that you just want their friends to know you exist, don't ask them to ask their friends to buy something, as you don't want to come across as being pushy.