Candles Falling ?

What kind of wax are you using? Pillar and votive waxes always sink, and some container waxes do as well. You can repour if it's a big dip, or hit it with the heatgun if it's only a little one. If you dont want your containers to sink you might want to check out different waxes.

What kind of wax are you using? Pillar and votive waxes always sink, and some container waxes do as well. You can repour if it's a big dip, or hit it with the heatgun if it's only a little one. If you dont want your containers to sink you might want to check out different waxes.

Thats it Pillar and Votive Wax is what I use .

Whats hit with a heatgun mean ?

I did do another pour and for some reason it was'nt same color ? But then I overpoured a few and had to scrap the sides of jars LOL

Can ya tell BEGINNER ...

Ok I'd suggest getting container wax then. Container wax has a lower melt point.

I assume you dont have a heat gun? Great investment. Kinda like a hairdryer only much much better. They can melt the top layer of wax for you and even it out (if it's a small dip).

I cant tell you why your repour wasnt the same colour... mine always are, I use peaks liquid dyes.

You might want to head to your local library and check out a couple of books on candle making. That's what I did when I started. Really helped understand some of the basics like types of wax, wicks, additives, molds, etc. Otherwise it can get just too overwhelming. There really is a lot more to candlemaking than melting some wax and sticking a wick in it.

I have to agree. I think you've recently posted questions about pillars, gels, and now containers. My best suggestion is to slow down.....pick one of those, do lots of research in the library/bookstore/message boards/etc., and familiarize yourself with the terms used. Once you do that, you'll understand what sinking is and how to avoid it, or remedy it. You'll learn how to center your wicks, what wick tabs are for, etc.

Then read up on the different types of waxes for your application, additives and what they do, wicks, etc. Choose a wax based on it's performance and what you want from it. Then test test test. Once you're comfortable with the process and can make a great, safe product, then go on to another type and start all over again.

Once you have a better understanding of what you're doing, you'll be much happier with your results. :)

My daughter has two children so I got tons of babyfood jars. Bought large corks for the tops too.....painted designs on them with glass paint and had to refill....and use a heat gun....lots of work for a cheap candle......I don't make them anymore. Oh and my daughter woodburned in the scent on top of the corks.....it was fun....but never again. They all sold at the mall.....I think for $8.00