New label! Suggestions/Advice

Bekka

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Candletech but have been making tarts and some BB stuff for years. I recently switched to clamshells for my wax melts and am working on a new label. I'd love any advice/ suggestions you all may have for me! Sorry for the poor pic- the label is actually a light beige not yellowish as the pic suggests! Thanks in advance!

Becki

post-2405-139458393356_thumb.jpg

Label is nice, but nothing sticks out at me except for that art. I think the positioning of the wording is fine, but what about making your company name bigger. To me, something needs to be bigger to make the art secondary. And because the art has my attention, I have to ask what it is. Looks like a flower of some kind.

I would play with some different fonts for you company name and make it bigger and I am not a fan of underlining.

I would also lower the soy wax melts a bit and make it larger and change the fonts.

You would want your comany name to stand out more and what the product is.

I really like the artwork and general look but agree that your company name needs to stick out more. Also, I think "Soy Wax Melts" should be more centered under your name. Lastly, it's spelled "Orange Dreamsickle". Not to sound picky but nothing says "unprofessional" to me more than misspelled words.

Oops, caught another one.

Where it says "place in a electric..." should say "place in an electric..."

Can't read the rest of it.

Just trying to help. Please don't think I'm being rough on you. I think it looks great.

Yup, I'm thinking new fonts are in order, at least for the co. & product names. Definitely get rid of the underlining. You could also play around with making the background art unique to each scent. It may be too much trouble, but it may also be eye catching depending on how it's done.

I like how everything is organized though - all in all a really nice start.

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Candletech but have been making tarts and some BB stuff for years. I recently switched to clamshells for my wax melts and am working on a new label. I'd love any advice/ suggestions you all may have for me! Sorry for the poor pic- the label is actually a light beige not yellowish as the pic suggests! Thanks in advance!

Becki

I would take out the underline, make the company name just a tad smaller (maybe) then move the Soy Wax Melts down and make maybe 2 or 3 times larger and move the scent name down to below the directions and make a little larger and change fonts around so you have atleast 2 and no more than 3 and you will be set. That way the labels dont blend together. If you have 20 varieties hanging up it will be alot easier for customers to find the scent names if you have the name in the same spot and no other print around it. Bruce

Also, I think "Soy Wax Melts" should be more centered under your name. Lastly, it's spelled "Orange Dreamsickle". Not to sound picky but nothing says "unprofessional" to me more than misspelled words.

I think it looks great, although I agree with the centering of Soy Wax Melts, but I don't think that this is the right spelling of dreamsickle either. I thought the way she had it spelled looked right, so I did a google search putting in Dreamsickle and it asked if I meant Dreamsicle. There were results for it with the K but more with out the K. Soooooo at that I think it would be a personal choice as to how she wants it spelled.

I think it looks great, although I agree with the centering of Soy Wax Melts, but I don't think that this is the right spelling of dreamsickle either. I thought the way she had it spelled looked right, so I did a google search putting in Dreamsickle and it asked if I meant Dreamsicle. There were results for it with the K but more with out the K. Soooooo at that I think it would be a personal choice as to how she wants it spelled.

Actually, I spell mine "Orange Vanilla.":p