Vanilla and J50

gobluesgram

I'm having a really hard time trying to get a good scent throw with Vanilla. I use J50 container wax and have tried DayStars Ultimate Vanilla, KY's Southern Vanilla and a few more I can't remember at the moment. I recently have been moving from wicked candles to wickless and tried DayStars Ultimate in a wickless and still no good scent throw.

I haven't made a lot of candles and only for about a year now, but have had good luck with lots of other FOs, just not vanilla.

Any recommendations for a vanilla with a great scent throw?

Thanks.

Gail

Hi,

Vanilla Dreams from The Scented Bean is very strong in the soy I use (Calsoy CB-3). It is a buttery, nutty vanilla...not a straight vanilla. I also have luck with Spiced Vanilla from BNL but now I have to find a replacement for that one since she is going out of business. I sure hope I can find it. I don't think it is as strong as the Vanilla Dreams but it has a good throw for a vanilla. The other one I use is Vanilla of Pearl from Just Scent. This one has a good throw too but is not a straight vanilla. I guess I would call it a musky vanilla. I use a soy/vegi wax. I have found though that some things that throw real well in the soy I use will not throw as well in a paraffin or a 50/50 and visa versa. EDITED TO ADD: I did test the Vanilla Spice and the Vanilla Dreams in the Taylored 50/50 and the throw was pretty good considering they were a one wicked small jar vs. my main double wicked jars with the soy. I still love the way they smell in the soy the best.

I did test Daystar's Ultimate vanilla and it was pretty strong in my soy but not as strong as the Scented Beans Vanilla Dreams.

I have many other kinds of vanillas to test. I would like to find a straight vanilla that throws strong but have not found it yet. I just poured Daystar's Vanilla Bean Noel the other night but have not burned it yet. I will let you know how that one goes. The cold throw is not real stron..at least not to my nose. lol

HTH

~Holly

I've been using KY Southern Vanilla in J50 for several years. I get a great throw, and customers tell me it's the best vanilla candle they've tried.

Well, dang ... don't know why I can't get one. Maybe it's the wicks I'm using. I'm going to try KY's SV in a wickless and see what happens.

Also, have not used any FOs from JS sooooo guess I'll have to go check them out.

Thanks everyone.

Gail