Hee Hee Hee

Thanks folks!!!!!!!!!! By jove, I think I've got it. I have lost hours of sleep....but knew that there just was something that I was doing wrong. Well, it was a couple of things. And Sharyl...I do happen to have an ivory chopstick....lots of others too....I eat with them and stir wax with them, but not at the same time LOL.....Anyway....I did experiments with just technique, not content....so don't judge the pictures....just wanted to share with you that all five candles that I did today didn't have one bubble or get stuck at all. I went over Alan's instructions (thank you Alan) and realized that my wax was too hot...cooled it to about 185......used my regular copy paper for the mermaid (I ran out of ink so it just is what it is until I refill tonight)...but you can see her...and the wine bottle and spam can are just from a newspaper ad from our little "In the Kitchen" free paper. It is thick newsprint. The "softer" paper works better....adhered to the mold walls immediately and I used the flat side of the wooden spoon and the ivory chopstick to get out the bubbles very carefully....did not overwork it and quickly put a tea towel that was in a bowl of ice water folded in fourths up against the mold and slowly moved the wooded spoon across the picture. Just all very quickly...only took a minute. Then into the waterbath.....then refrigerator, and they slid out. I first used silicone, then WD40 then Pam....wasn't taking any chances....they just slid out. I am so excited. My daughter thinks that I can print my colored mermaid and actually sell it in the store. We are selling "Transient Crafters" tee shirts next month so why not a pretty mermaid Donita Hoyer candle. I am off to the winery's now with my idea ....must get some grape leaves pressed quickly. Luckly I have lots of wild grapes and they have tiny leaves. Thanks to everyone for all of your help.....I read ALL of the posts in the archives...I also read a post about the Avery program for labels and thanks to whoever who started that one too. We printed some nice scent tags to tie onto the wicks yesterday. It is a fun program. I love this board. Donita

http://donitahoyer.com/

post-248-139458376689_thumb.jpg