4" Diameter Pillars

From those who've made 4" pillars, do they burn as good as the 3" pillars? Meaning, do they burn down on their own, or, if hugged, do they ultimately consume themselves as they burn down?

Also, with the wicks needed, do they tend to have taller and more "active" flames that throw more soot? I got my 3" pillars working pretty good with stable flames, no soot that I can see, so was just curious if trying 4" molds would be troublesome in this regard.

TIA

For several years, I did 4" candles for an upscale restaurant and they loved them....they didn't complain about soot. I made plain ivory pillars, unscented, then overdipped them to give them an "expensive" hand dipped look....I loved to burn them too....so go have fun....I am test burning 8 new candles right now. Looking for the perfect wick. Just love to do this...Donita

i make some of them, but not a whole lot. they will consume themselves, but it takes longer before you can actually hug the sides in since it is wider. once you are able to hug them, they will burn just like a 3in. i use 36ply i think. my notes are at home, but it's that or 38.