Can't smell my tarts!

:mad: This is really frustrating. These should be the simplest things in the world to make and enjoy since there is no wick issues or anything involved but I have hit a wall this time. I made a batch at least a week ago of tarts. Using 14 oz of 4761 and 2 oz of J223 and 1.5 oz of FO. I get a WONDERFUL cold throw yet for the life of me when melting them I can't smell them!!! :(

edited: because I need to learn how to spell... LOL

:mad: This is rally frustrating. These should be the simplest things in the world to make and enjoy since there is no wick issues or anything involved but I have hit a wall this time. I had a bath at least a week ago of tarts. Using 14 oz of 4761 and 2 oz of J223 and 1.5 oz of FO. I get a WONDERFUL hot throw yet for the life of me when melting them I can't smell them!!! :(

You mean cold throw right? Maybe its the FO. How long have you had it?

You mean cold throw right? Maybe its the FO. How long have you had it?

Correct! I can smell them and they are strong when they are cold but melt them and you can forget begin able to smell them.

The FO is from ICS and I would say less than 6 months for sure.

Maybe it's ME!

The candle nose issue that a few people have mentioned is definitely something to consider. Have someone else make the judgment about hot throw and see what they think.

Now maybe it's just me but I'm always kind of puzzled with these odd blends that people are using. High MP votive wax with creamy soft container stuff as an additive -- how did you come up with that and why? Do you have any idea why it might be good?

The last person who posted about doing something like that had the same problem. Smelled nice cold, no hot throw. I suppose it's not related, but I still would like to understand your reasoning as to why you wouldn't just use a regular votive or container/votive wax instead of taking a shot in the dark with an unusual mixture.

Definately get someone else to try 'em.

Do you have an electric or tealight burner?

I have both but was using an electric one. I guess I could try it in a tealight burner. I just gave my sister some the other day I will have to give her a call letting me know what she thought. Hopefully she can smell them and it's just candlenose for me.

Now maybe it's just me but I'm always kind of puzzled with these odd blends that people are using. High MP votive wax with creamy soft container stuff as an additive -- how did you come up with that and why? Do you have any idea why it might be good?

I have had some good success with this mixture. But it's just lately where I am not smelling the tarts. I just don't get it!

I don't remember who gave the suggestion of mixing a container wax with this votive wax but I was all for it as I had heard that people were not having much success with the votive wax on it's own. This wax is almost gone and I won't be ordering more! I will either get more 4794 or go to straight paraffin!

I am sooo embarrassed!!! I glanced at the title, and at first I thought it said "Can't smell my farts!" :o:eek::o

I usually can't smell my Tarts either, but everyone else can, so I figure it's just a case of candle nose. :)

I have a couple of reasons for using 1343/223 blend. 1343 doesn't have a high enough fo load by itself, I like the appearance that adding 1/4 223 gives and I already have those two waxes so I combine them rather than buying a totally different wax. I've never had a problem, except with my nose!

Now maybe it's just me but I'm always kind of puzzled with these odd blends that people are using.

I have the same sort of problem with container candles( great cold scent throw from certain FO's but very, very little throw hot). I was mixing two different container wax blends. I tried the same FO's in three other types of wax that were not blended together and I had the same problem. So the problem appears to be with the FO. I tried to contact the supplier; however, they do not respond. It's a shame because I really love the cold scent.

How big is the room that you are burning them in? I had the same problem a while back and i re madethe same scent and they were fine. I never did find out what the problem was. Sorry i could not be more help i just wanted you to know it happens to others as well. Sometimes when i have a problem with my candles or something i feel like it is just me.