votive wax for pillars?

I tried doing a search, and couldn't come up with anything. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use my votive waxes (4794 or Peak's 130 mp) for a pillar? I have plenty of both and don't want to order more wax (hubby would kill me! lol) if I don't have to.... thanks in advance for any help on this issue!!!

I really would not recommend it. Though votive wax has a bit higher mp than container wax to make it easier to unmold, it's still designed to liquefy just like in a container. You DON'T want a pillar to do that. Now, having said that... it may be possible to try it anyway, but extremely under wick it. Whether the walls would hold up or collapse, I've no idea.

I tried doing a search, and couldn't come up with anything. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use my votive waxes (4794 or Peak's 130 mp) for a pillar? I have plenty of both and don't want to order more wax (hubby would kill me! lol) if I don't have to.... thanks in advance for any help on this issue!!!
I wouldn't try it with the 4794, but making a nice pillar with the Peak 130 MP sounds like a great project. It depends on what additives you have lying around. The way I would approach it is to add 5% or so UA. I think that's probably the perfect additive for the job.

The 4794 is "designed" (as Satin says) for a specific job. It's probably made from a lower grade wax modified with additives. It's not worth trying to change it further. The 130 MP straight paraffin, in contrast, is not designed for anything. It's just wax and you can tell it what to do.

I use the OK6228 which is listed as both votive/pillar wax..... so far its worked out great.... just my 2 cents

I've also used 6228 to make pillars and votives. I prefer 4794 for making votives, but if you want to make both kinds of candles out of the same type/batch of wax, this would be a great one to try.

I've got some IGI 874-Micro MP175, that's about the only additive I have lying around. Think that would help, or make it worse? Should I try it and see? Should I give up and buy pillar wax? LOL I thought for sure the Peak 130 was listed as a "votive blend" when I bought it but the bag just says 130. Anyway, thanks for the replies!

I've got some IGI 874-Micro MP175, that's about the only additive I have lying around. Think that would help, or make it worse? Should I try it and see? Should I give up and buy pillar wax? LOL I thought for sure the Peak 130 was listed as a "votive blend" when I bought it but the bag just says 130. Anyway, thanks for the replies!
Don't bother if it's a preblend, but I seem to recall they were selling a 130 MP straight paraffin and I would give that a whirl. Not sure how the micro would work though. I'd go with the UA. Maybe that would slip beneath DH's radar.