Cornstarch Soap...

Bunny

Well... The jury is still out, as the soap is really too soft to judge yet. Will give it 2 days and see what I can see.. But I'm happy with my food coloring swirl! LOL! They still need to be beveled, but you get the picture.

post-235-139458392353_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking the purple should stay.. It's sold at MMS as Grape color.. It's blue in everything but lye soap.... I use it all the time, just not in food coloring form! lol!

I just called DH and asked him to bring me home a cucumber... And he hung up on me! The moron! I guess he thought I was being perverted or something.. But I wanna soap it!

so........have ya tested that stuff yet???????

:yay:

I'm DYING over here! LOL. Just itchin to soap up a batch with corn starch, and hoping you won't tell me it's a waste of time. I've already got my box of corn starch out & it's waiting on me in the kitchen.

WOW that is purdy!! I have that same dye from MMS, it says GRAPE but it's the bluest blue I've ever seen. :confused:

So, obviously they know it turns purple in lye soap so that's why they call it grape I guess???

I don't think you should cut it, I like the waviness of it, and think it goes great with the swirlies in the soap itself. No sense wasting any of it. ;)

I too can't wait to hear how the cornstarch feels in the soap.

Hmmm now I'm thinking maybe I should try adding it to M&P and see how it goes in that??? ;)

I forgot to answer you EMercier - It's Frosted Wineberry from Oregon Trails..

Yes Michi.. It stays blue in everything but CP soap! It makes the best bath salts ever, as it colors the water blue without staining the tub! I've used it in shampoo, conditioners, bath melts, well.. Pretty much everything! I love FD&C's!

The tops I'm definetely going to keep, just bevel the edges for a clean look.. Maybe polish them up a bit. Funny thing about the wave on top - It's really the bottom! I didn't tape my freezer paper to the mold, and of course it collapsed some when I poured the soap! What you see in the waves is impressed from the soap that spilled under the freezer paper! Wonder if I can recreate it with dowels on the bottom of the mold?!

That's funny Bunny, I was wondering how you got the top to do that. heheheh. I'm glad you're soaping again. What's next?

I'm thinking mayonaise.. Honestly. I mean, it's just oil and eggs right? And both are supposed to be good in soap right? Hmmm.. Just found out hubby has to leave for work a day early, so he's leaving in about 4 hours. Give me 12 hours and I'll have it started!

Oooh mayonaise- BARF!! Seriously, it's supposedly really really GREAT for your hair, so why not your skin?? Of course, I can hardly make sandwiches for my family with mayonaise without hoarking, so I don't think I'd be making that any time in this lifetime. :P

How cool (about what I thought were the tops being the bottoms), you know you'll probably never be able to recreate that "accident", isn't that they way it always goes?? ;) LOL

How long you gonna wait to try this soap out??? I'm dying to know how it feels, you could always send me a piece so I can be a tester for ya-hint hint!! ;)

Oooh mayonaise- BARF!! Seriously, it's supposedly really really GREAT for your hair, so why not your skin?? Of course, I can hardly make sandwiches for my family with mayonaise without hoarking, so I don't think I'd be making that any time in this lifetime. :P

OMG Michi, I just died laughing, and had tears rolling down my face reading this. For some reason it tickled me. :D